Sherlock, can you solve this?

Sherlock, can you solve this?Write also why you think it is murder or suïcide.

Most Helpful Girl

• Murder : if I was a suicide it's practically impossible that she would still be holding the gun because of the impact. Therefore, the killer must have placed it in her hand to disguise his murder as a suicide.
    Plus, we can see she is left handed : the position of the pen, the soda can and the cigarette can tell us that. So why would she hold a gun in her right hand?

Most Helpful Guy

• Murder. The gun is in the wrong hand to make the impact splatter, the cig is half smoked with no attempt to put it out, so out would've been an awkward way to kill yourself and the stain would've been elsewhere. Also the pen and the glasses were put down in the middle of writing the letter so who ever it was the victim knew them. The victim seems to be a woman and women rarely shoot themselves in the head, usually in the heart but most by poison.

What Girls Said 10

• Murder
    -Women tend to be clean with murder or I assume suicide so I doubt she be messy with her suicide
    -If she was going to kill herself why would she leave the cigarette in her hand wouldn't it burn her body or the area around her so what was the point of the gunshot?

• Total murder, look the stool is knocked over which shows it was a struggle. She's smoking a cigarette with her left hand which means her left hand is her dominant, so why would the gun be in her right hand? Because the killer planted that gun on her to mack it look like a suicide and if it was a suicide why was she not finished smoking her cigarette before she killed her self and why would the stool be knocked over?

• Murder, she has a cig in her left hand and her right hand is holding the gun. Both were planted to look like a suicide. The stool is knocked over which indicates a struggle and there is only one flip flop that isn't even on her. Perhaps the killer took the other flip flop as a "trophy"
    If it was suicide why would she be smoking? I think she was writing while having a smoke and was surprised by the killer.

• Murder made to look like suicide. She was in the middle if an activity. The trajectory of the blood isn't consistent with suicide.

• The gun and ciggie look very Planted, hand in /and Hand as she no longer Stand.
    Good luck and Great question, @vekin. xx

• Murder, the gun wouldn't still be in her hand. She was shot and then the gun was placed in her hand.

• This is an exact copy of a question from a few days ago bro

• accident. she fell and hit her head. she fell from a stool because she probably felt dizzy

• Murder. I cannot see what the papers on the table are, but it looks like she was doing work. Then someone came in, shot her, and put the gun in her hand.

Plus, if it was suicide, her hand probably would have fallen down lower, and half on her stomach, based on where the blood was.

That's my theory :)

• Murder - she was turned around away from her desk, which seems odd, especially since she was still holding the cigarette. Why continue smoking, turn around on your stool, and then shoot yourself?
    Also, and perhaps most importantly, the cigarette, mug, and one placement all indicate she was left-handed. Therefore she shouldn't have shot herself using her right hand. Most likely she turned around to talk to someone who entered the room, still smoking her cigarette, and was shot. Also, whoever said the blood splatter is too small for that distance seems right but then that means the cigarette should have been dropped or set down in the fight or altercation. It seems she was talking to someone, they cornered and shot her up against the wall, then arranged things to look like she had done it herself - down to the cigarette that she was most likely not smoking at the time of her death.

• great observation, you would be a great detective

• Thanks and I've been told I should be one!

What Guys Said 13

• Murder I think.
    The blood on the wall implies that when the bullet impacted his head was not only close to the wall but that his head was between the assumed 'murderer' and the wall. Which would make sense if he was being confronted prior.
    The positioning of the chair is interesting. If it was a suicide it would have likely fallen after the gunshot if he was let say sitting on it. The problem with this is that the chair isn't close to the wall at all.
    There would be a lot more blood splatter if he was further away from the wall.
    Another small detail is that the lamp is unplugged. I believe that it was placed there to make it appear as if the victim had recently written a suicide note.
    Shoe placement is a little odd. I'm not sure its significant enough to prove anything.

Or its all complete bollocks and something else.

• Murder, a few things make it look like that.
    -Partial cigarette in her hand. People preparing to die rarely leave things like that, even in subconciously, they tend to wrap things up.
    -Still holding the gun, usually it is dropped.
    -Bullet hole in window and blood spatter dont quite line up for how she would've been holding the gun.
    -Statistically, women very rarely commit suicide by firearm.
    -No blood on the gun, a point-blank gunshot should put some blood on the gun.

• Murder.
    Vic has a cigarette in the left hand, ashtray on the counter would have been on the vic's left. To get an exit wound on the right the gun would have to be in the left hand. Further the vic knew the murderer. There are not defensive wounds, and the the vic took thier shoes off. A sign of comfort. Most likely place for prints will be on the murder weapon on the magazine.

• Let me read that letter first, Watson.
    But at first sight it's murder: the bloody wall would be on the other side if she wrote it and shot then: she holds the gun in her right hand.

• Murder.
    For suicide is wrong :
    - holding still cigarette
    - gun can be in hand but from90% is laying somewhere. Impact is too strong.
    - shoe is on abnormal place in acc to body
    - victim was sitting. Head to window. Gun is in the right hand it means blood smust be on the opposite wall. Cigarette is in the left hand and ashtray is on the left as well.
    100% murder.

• Ahh, I saw this before.. lots of theories... I've read them all :(
    I'd say it's just a big contradiction to confuse us :P

• Murder.

Suicide tend to be neat before they die.
    Wrong hand or wrong angle.

• Suicide. The way she was standing, the position of the blood on the wall, and the way her body fell is consistent with a suicide.

• I answered this already it's murder, it has to do with hands, and direction facing.

• i've seen this on this site before. it's a murder most likely.

• Suicide.. judging from the cigs she was a nervous wreck, pressure got to him... took the easy way out...

• Maradar. Why wear white?

• Murder
    1. Why would someone who took the time write a letter and remove her glasses not put out the last cigarette?
    2. The desk lamp is unplugged. So was she writing this letter at night without lighting?
    3. The blood splatter is way to small to be from someone sitting where the supposed suicide note was written. But that could be an artist miscalculation so I won't use that as evidence
    4. Most people who take the time to leave notes position themselves in easy to clean places like bath tubs or do so through less messy means such as overdosing or jumping of a bridge. She "shot herself" in the head as if this was a sudden idea even though it's been clearly "planned"
    5. The direction she's facing. I doubt she would turn away from the desk in order to purposefully splatter the wall with blood. It's more likely she turned to confront a murderer.