Girls, which of the two genres of music do you prefer, Rap or Rock?

Which of the two music genres do you like better? Pick one and explain why you like that genre over the other choice.

Does Rap dominate your soul and sway your hips? or do you just stick with vanilla rock music instead?

• Rap
    19% (5)
  • Rock
    81% (22)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
Damn, I didn't expect Rap music to do so poorly with you all. I thought ladies loved to dance and rap is in essence dance music while rock is not. I guess I was wrong :(

13

Most Helpful Girl

• I love rock music way more than rap. I think it's mainly cause I play bass guitar myself and just appreciate the sound of the music way more. It also just simply sounds less repetitive to me. Rap music sounds all the same to me and lyrics wise I just find very few quality rappers.

What Girls Said 12

• I prefer rock. There's some rap that I enjoy but it's pretty rare, whereas I'll probably like most rock music. That may be because it's closer to metal which I enjoy most.

• I'm more of an alternative rock listener, I like listening to some of the new sounds and I can actually still ID a song by its beat in the genre. Whereas today's rap has all the same five beats that I don't know if it's an August Alsina or a confused Chris Brown. Rap like 89s to early 2000s I'll listen to bc rappers actually had talent and had a message. Nowadays this nursery ryhme kitty cat in the hat rappers suck. I don't even think they could hold their own in a good old fashion battle rap.

• Why can't you combine them?
    Seriously, that's the best thing! ❤
    But if we can't combine them, I'm going with rock, rap alone isn't that great (or maybe I think this due to the sh*t rap and hip-hop of today... 😕).

• Classic rock is my favorite music genre

• Rock by a longshot

• I hate rock music, but I hate rap even worse.

• I love rap! i don't actually know why but my playlist tends to have a lot of rap songs haha

• rock

• Rock rock rock all the way! In fact I love metal

• Rock all day, every day.

• rock all the way

• Rock and Metal are more my thing, I hate rap music and "thug" culture with a passion.