Should Feminism be shoved down in people's throats through movies, video games and many other entertainment medias?

I'm just wondering since that's how I feel about many modern day movies of the past 20 years. With Mad Max: Fury Road and the upcoming Ghostbusters movie being the perfect examples of what I'm talking about, that's just how I feel. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for movies having strong female protagonists but not at the expense of the long-time, beloved protagonists of these legendary film series (*cough cough* Mad Max). It's great to have powerful female characters as long as the intention of it isn't political and forcing feminist views on their audiences. That's what I believe. That's what movies like Alien is such a great movie because the Ellen Ripley character didn't feel forced onto the audience because of her gender. She's just a naturally very lovable sci-fi horror movie heroine among both male and female fans of the Alien franchise.

• Yes
  • No
  • Others

Most Helpful Guy

• Luckily Feminism has met some healthy resistance in the Gaming community so it's still not to bad yet. It will be a never ending fight though, just like any radical religious group Feminism will never stop trying to force feed us their hateful bullshit.

What Girls Said 4

• Bro if you can't handle two women talking to each other about something other than a guy for more than 30 seconds, you're going to have a bad time.

• What does that has to do with my question?

• Shit happens around Max. He doesn't do much. He doesn't say much. I think he only had like three separate lines in Road Warrior.

Maybe it's time the franchise had someone more interesting at the helm. Badass Boss Lady with one arm or a monosyllabic neanderthal? Hmm. Tough choice.

• @9mfeo Exactly. That sort of boring action movie with a teaspoon of character isn't going to work anymore so they needed Furiosa to actually have a story.

• When has video games ever had anything feminist in them? The only female protagonists I can think of in a video game. Is Samus Aran and lara croft.

• No I don't. I don't believe in it. I believe in equality.

• you could say the same thing about lgbt , its getting shoved down peoples throats. or that caitlyn is a real women and so are others like her.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't care if there is a female protagonist. Just as long as its good.