Anyone been to Gatlinburg? Is it a worthwhile place?

My girlfriend wants to spend a week in Gatlinburg but I'm not big into hiking or camping. Is there anything else worthwhile to experience there (from those who have visited)?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I used to live in East Tennessee I can tell you quite a bit about Gatlinburg. There are a lot of Ripleys believe it or not museums there, mini golf courses, go cart places, arcades, amusement parks (dollywood is just 10 minutes away), tourist gift shops, pancake houses, a couple night clubs, the space needle, Ober Gatlinburg which is a ski resort and the only one in Tennessee in the summer they have amusement rides, in the nearby towns they have Dolly Parton owned attractions like DollyWood, Dinner theaters, she has a new resort hotel on the property, a waterpark, outlet malls, gift shops, more mini golf, A nascar themed restaurant and go cart place, Knoxville is also like 30 minutes away so there's the zoo, UT football and so much more... Plus the hiking and nature. Oh and just over the NC border about 45 minutes away is the Cherokee reservation. They have casinos, gift shops, museuns, and a santa claus themed amusement park, I can tell you more if you want me to.

• You forgot to say water slides

• Thanks for mho! I'm happy to help if you have any questions

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Yes as a kid though. I remember. It was like water slide city in that country town

• If you are into the sociology of the absurd it's a fantastic example. I don't know if I could take a week but for a day or two it's a wonderland of tawdry, tacky schlock. You have to eat bourbon fudge until you nearly want to throw up to really get in the spirit of things.

And don't miss the wax museum!