Rate a beginner artist please?

Rate a beginner artist please?
This is just a quick thing that I made today, and I wondered what you guys thought of the art style and stuff?

• Good for a 14 year old
  • Meh for a 14 year old
  • Bad for a 14 year old

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not bad for a 14 year old. If art is something you want to pursue, then you're going to have to practice at it as much as possible. keep drawing and keep drawing and keep drawing. even if you're not a great artist right now, if you put the time in, you can become one. my brother played piano when he was 14 and it was terrible. absolutely bad. but that kid's perseverance amazed me. now he can play pretty much any music, went to college and got an audio engineer certificate, and is an amazing artist now. he works in a studio. the point is. don't get discouraged if you're not instantly great at something. everything takes patience and practice.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's good for a beginning artist. You have potential. The lines seem firm and the coloring is nice and even (as far as I can tell on my phone). I like the bit of lighting on the shoe as well, you've got an eye for detail that you should definitely hone. A few art classes and much more practice and you'll be well on your way. Learning about proportions and shading and other techniques come later on with practice and experience - I think the most important thing in your arsenal now is that you are trying and you seem to enjoy drawing.

What Guys Said 17

• Good for a 14 year old. Try working on getting the proportions better, life drawing can help with this. The legs look a little short but I was no better at your age. Also try adding shading to your cartoons. Pick a slightly darker red, flesh tone and purple to add shades. You could also try making more sharper prominent cleaner outlines. Your doing great though if you keep at it you'll improve regardless of what I have to say. Definitely have potential.

• You're doing good! Keep it up! I highly suggest reading "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" by Betty Edwards though. Really amazing read for aspiring artists :)

• its retty good buti warn you i can draw a mean stick figure :P

http://ncse.com/files/images/stick_figure.JPG

• Nice ! Keep it up! Kiddo

• Looks cool :)

• You're better than me, that's for sure.

• There is no way of me sounding good in this situation 😑

• better than me take that as you wish

• Good for a 14 year old. u r good.)

• Still a long way. Keep practicing by searching images on the internet in the style you aim for, and try to replicate them as many times as you can.

• Good for a 14 year old. :)

• That's cool I like it. Who's Lucille though 😂

• It's really bad

• Very nice...

• Way better than what I can do.

• The body is fine, but the head definitely needs workI can show you my one art if u want

• Eh OK... just OK... I believe I could do it too...

What Girls Said 5