Are all blu ray movies in 1080p?

I got a new 40inch 1080p tv a few days ago and I watched the hateful eight (2015) and it looked really good. But last night I watched Spider-Man 2 (2004) and it didn't look as good. I was sitting the same distance away from the tv too. So are all blu rays really in 1080p?

Most Helpful Guy

• It also depends on the picture quality of the original film and when it was transferred. The Hateful Eight is a brand new movie, plus it was shot on 70mm film which is probably the highest quality format you can shoot in except for Imax. But Spider-Man 2 is from many years ago and likely shot on 35mm film which is half the size - and therefore half the picture density - of 70mm. Also the technology of film and film transferring are always improving. So a movie shot on film today and transferred to blu-ray using the latest transfer technology will look better than one from even 10 or 15 years ago, even though they are both technically 1080P on your TV.

• Wow very insightful :)

What Guys Said 3

• yeah all blu ray movies are in 1080p. not sure about the spiderman movie.

• The old ones might be remastered As blu Ray so they might not look as good. Or it was one of the fist blu Ray movies so it didn't look amazing.

• Newer movies are 1080p. Some of the older movies that released before blu-ray caught on might be lower res though, which is likely the case with Spider-Man 2.

What Girls Said 0