Have you been Sky Diving?

Want to go skydiving soon-ish for first time. Get me pumped !!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yr in utah, right? There's a groupon deal for skydiving in Canyonlands for $118 total, if you buy it today. (It's $133, minus another $15 with the code TAKEOFF)
    I mean, that's just a starting point -- simple google search. You could probably knock a bit more off that by poking around the net a little more, depending on how much time you really want to spend doing that.

Tbh I found tandem jumping a bit... underwhelming, when I did it. But, I suppose it's something everyone should try to do at some point, especially for a price like that.

If you weigh more than 200 pounds, you should check that particular company's FAQ. Some of those companies will have weight cutoffs where you have to exit the plane at a lower altitude (or just won't let you go at all, although that's normally at least 250 or 300 lb cutoff).

Most Helpful Guy

• You get to jump into an open sky, far larger than you could've ever imagined it from the ground. And for several tens of seconds, perhaps even a couple of minutes, time slows to a crawl as adrenaline scorches a line from your kidneys to your stomach.

You are high enough where you would die instantly if anything fails, your fore-brain tells you.

You are falling very fast and balance is a mystery, your hind brain tells you.

You scream and howl into the atmosphere, your voice fading as the rush of air -- moving at terminal velocity -- shrieks in your ears.

Your skin is numb from the speed at which you're falling.

And then... *JUMPSHOCK!!* An invisible hand reaches down to grab you by the shoulders and waist, pulling you sharply from your fall, hard enough to take your breath away.

The wind dies down and you realize that you can feel the blood pumping through your veins. You can almost hear the capillaries in your ears throbbing.

The instructor behind you tells you to look up and you do, seeing a oh-so-too-small canopy of fabric 15 feet or so above you. Your safety net, your fore-brain tells you. We're still falling, your hind brain tells you.

For an eternity, you look around, feeling almost weightless as you drift down towards the ground. Odd... the ground doesn't seem to be moving as fast as your hind brain is telling you it is. You dimly recall from the briefing before hand that you will be falling at 5-8 feet per-second. Its amazing how slow that its, despite the fact that its just under the speed limit in a school zone, fast as an Olympic sprinter in the 50-meter dash.

Then, as you dip just low enough to see the details of the trees that may be around you, you realize that the ground is coming up far faster than it did before. There's motion behind you and you start moving faster forwards, as if a sail was propelling you.

... and there is! The instructor has pulled the slip and you coast down into a running stop. Legs shaking, heart pumping, glad to be on solid ground once more. You realize you are breathing fast and your heart hasn't quite slowed down yet. You still feel numb, but underneath the haze of adrenaline, there's an undercurrent of excitement.

I WANNA DO THAT AGAIN!!

That's jumping in a nutshell.

• HOLY SHIT THE DETAIL!
      love it man, thanks!!!

Dude I want to feel like I'm gonna die, like you haven't lived until you almost die right?
      Ya right, totally makes sense to me. lol

• Shit's expensive, though. And you'll be doing tandem jumps to start off, with the instructor strapped to your back like a monkey on your shoulder. When you get experienced enough, then you'll move on to static-line jumps (where a 20 ft. cord pulls your chute after you exit the aircraft) and then, many tens of jumps after that, you can do free fall (with an instructor following you out the door, of course).

What Girls Said 37

• not yet i badly wanna go! i wanna do hot air ballooning first though lol just to get a gentle feel for the sky :P going at the end of the yr.

• If I had someone to do it with, yeah. I'm sure I'd be freaking out before jumping, but I think the experience would be worth it!

• No and I'm probably way to chicken to do that.

The most falling I've done was jumping off a bridge into water. I ended up landing wrong and in a L shape, which that was the hardest spanking my ass had ever had. I'm sure my bum was red for hours. :D

• Yes, it was awesome!
    The moment you get out of the plane you think you're gonna die and your brain is just like "Oh, fuck it", but the you don't – it's the greatest feeling ever :D

• No I wish I did):

• It's sooo awesome!! I've done it twice. Listen to Tom Petty Free Fallin!!! It got me all jacked up about it. Then right when we reached elevation I wanted to change my mind. But the people who jump with u are so cool and keep it all fast enough you can't talk yourself out of it. Buy the dvd. It's just as intense to watch again. Have fun!!! I'm so jealous!

• I haven't, but I want to try! I'm terrified of heights though :(

• I have minions for that, darling. I would never lower myself to such a ridiculous activity.

• Nope, but I would like to try it

• I would love to try.. one day

• Oh hell no. You couldn't pay me enough to do that

• Absolutely not.

• Nope, but I am actually hoping to go this summer.

• Not yet :D

• no I did paragliding recently but next goal is def sky diving
    or at least bungee jumping

• Let's do it together

• Yeah. My dad dragged me to do it with him lol... It's def something you should try out

• Nope, but would would love too! Cliff diving, bungee jumping, shark-cage diving etc. would be fun too :)

• Nope I want to go soon tho. I have gone bungee jumping though. Fun!!!
    :)

• YES!! Is amazing, seriously, is one of the best things on earth lol i loved it so much

• Tell me Mooorrre!

• LOL I mean.. Depends on how good u are, like Im a pro, don't know about u, but I snapchatted all of it 😎 I dare u to try it lol

• SNAPCHAT LMAOOOOO

• that's on my bucket list!!

• No, but I went bungee jumping in new Zealand. I think it's scarier cuz you fall head first.

• No, but I really want to

• I've never been skydiving and I would be open to trying it someday.

• I wanted to do that but I'm scared of heights
    I enjoy watching people do it though

• I have... like very recently. They make you sign this thing that states that they aren't responsible if anything happens to you and I kind of sprained my leg but that's okay. I'm not sure if that's only in the UK or all over. It was worth it though.

• No I have never been, but I think it would be adventure it do so

• Not outside but I did skydive indoors

• No, I would probably be petrified. :o

• That's what I wanna do when I'm gonna die in a few days lol

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 26

• No. But I have been lifted into a helo from a ship. And it was not a simple lift. I had a loop go behind me and my arms up through and then hold my arms in front. No strapping in. If I relaxed my arms I would slip out and plunge. And they did not simple just reel me up. The were in a hurry and started rising and moving away at the same time. It was taking a lot longer than it seemed it should, so I looked down. I was Waaaaaaaaaay up and far from the ship I came from. All the ships looked like little ants crawling. If I relaxed I would have plunged down and at that height the impact with the water would have killed me.

You are going to climb into a safe parachute and get strapped tightly in. No challenge there. lol

• Haha ok great sounds good, thanks

• They actually tell you when they show you how to hold the loop to never look down. I guess too many people freak when they see what is happening. But you can only look up for so long before wondering what the hell is going on that is taking so long for them to winch you up. :-)

• Not sky diving, but bungee jumping. I am sure sky diving is much more of rush but the bungee jumping certainly got the adrenaline going. The one jump was about 8 stories down until you touched the water with your hand.

It was pretty freaking intimidating dropping towards the water at a high rate of speed free falling from that height.

• Nope, but it's one of the things I've wanted to try, and I will eventually after I do some more stuff on the ground that I enjoy or want to try as well like bull riding.

• Not yet, but it's at the top of my list.

• Loved it, definitely do it before you die bro 👍

• yea it's coo.

rockclimbing is better tho in my opinion. as much time as u want to take in the views, along with the accomplishment.

skydiving doesn't last long enough. hopefully u get a coo instructor that'll have fun once the chute is open

• ya im scared of rock climbing breh haha

• was kinda anxious bout the times I went skydiving n had to jump tandem. you don't pack ur own chute, and you don't have much control over the instructor and his preparations, checks, gear, etc.

at least with rockclimbing you tie your own knots, check your own role, etc. peace of mind when you're in charge of your life saving gear.

• rope***

• I wish. I wanna do bungee jumping too

• I'm skydiving right now while posting this answer weeeee!

• Nope maybe someday. Really I want to learn how to ride a sport bike and find a girl that likes sport bikes.

• nope, and since I have fear of heights it's not on my to-do list

• Follow up question: Have you ever had sex while skydiving?

• Yes, many times. Mostly back in service.

• And die before going pro? hmu for cats and Wolfpack letters. #d1boundson

• I've never even been on a plane. I like my feet on the ground lol

• wait, wut? lol dang, never travelled?

• Dude, sounds just like Steve Wozniak!!

• A lot of people speculate that The Woz has aspergers, so definitely.

• No, but I wanna!! 😄

• Nope, but I really want to!
    There's a place south of Antioch

• I really want to do it but I don't know if I could bring myself to do that lol

• I value my life lol.

• Hell yeah, it's fuckin awesome, d00d!

• bungee jump I don't know, i think i'm too pussy for that haha

• First drive, expect to feel like your balls jump into your throat and you spit them out when you shout though. It's normal but goes away quickly, then comes the rush and once you feel it, oemgee, you'll be addicted! I've been 9 times so far.

• Nah im scared of heights

• Yeah.
    I did many times.
    In my dreams.

• Never have brah but I want to

• no. is it exciting? (lol)

• Is it like a free fall?

• Yep absolutely loved it. Tip though. You will want to talk about it afterwards to like everyone and like 2% of those people will actually care. Another tip don't be that person that acts like they're not scared. I straight up told my jumping instructor I was scared shitless he joked with me the whole way and by the time we jumped I felt comfortable enough to do a bunch of crazy tricks and stuff and really got my money's worth. The instructors know your scared and if you're chill and open about it they're much cooler. Also be prepared to have another mans crotch up against your butt for awhile.

• Just do it. More people die in car accidents than they do skydiving but people do that everyday like it's safe as crap. You never jump alone and the chances of everyone in your party having a chute problem is slim to none. These people are trained and have been doing it for years. As long as you go somewhere credible It's safe. One of the best experiences of my life hands down and I've done some crazy stuff.

• Hahahaha ok love this comment man! thanks!

• when you're falling do the moonwalk or something
    or stand straight up
    no lay down and close your eyes
    do something cool