What do you think of current artists using tech to sound good?

are you down with the edited voices. do you get disappointed when you see them live and they sound lworse than ur dad on karoke night

• its fine
  • lose of talent, its a no for me
  • who doesn't use autotune nowdays?

Most Helpful Girl

• generally i really dislike it, but if it's not overdone i dont care much. like i hate when u can hear it altering their voice or whatever, but if it's sharpening the sound, or adding multiple layers to the voice then I'm okay with it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Virtually all music that has been recorded digitally has been edited in some way. No producer is going to release a track raw.

Autotune has it's place when it's intentionally used to create a sharp voice that sounds robotic. I won't bash people that use it a lot for ordinary correction, but it makes me appreciate someone who can crush it live a LOT more than in the old days.

What Girls Said 4

• No talent & they all end up sounding the same.

• if it increases the songs quality then i love editing, rihanna and sia are my favorites and they use editing

• I dont care. It doesn't mean I have to listen to it.

• It's fine for me

What Guys Said 10

• It just goes to show they can't do it by themselves. Plain and simple.
    I mean, it's cool if you just add it to make a word or a line just sound cool or catchy... but to totally rely on the thing to pull you through a song... nope. You suck in that case.

• Most music I listen to is instrumental.

• Personally I think it takes the skill, art and talent out of music.

• Todays music is just ugly...

i mean all that so called "Stars" can't actually sing... they all can just look good.

or someone like adele who everybody say she can sing but to me she sounds just horrible... thats not singing thats just screaming...

People who really can sing are: Elton John, George Michael, Enya, Mariah Carey in the 90s (but she ruined her voice somehow)

• I think using a little is okay but artist now these days use too much, its not even about singing voice anymore its about looking attractive and showing how slutty you can act on stage.

• I say it's fine, since I'm a huge industrial music fan, but that Auto-Tune has got to go.

• I like it.

• If you need tech, then go practice and come back when you don't suck

• I don't care how you make it I just want to enjoy hearing it. I don't care about talent. It's way overrated to me. I love art. I don't give a crap who made it or how it was made if I like it I like it. If the Beatles made a crap song I'm not gonna say it's good just because the Beatles made it. And if Beiber makes a good song then I like it no matter how I feel about him. I'm in it for the experience. If the Mona Lisa used a stencil I wouldn't care. If I enjoy it that's all that matters to me. dont care if you use a ghost writer or auto tune or an army's worth of producers. I'm in it for the art not for ego stroking/bashing.

• I also don't do concerts without checking out some kind of review first soooooo

• Bad 80s artist's better than 10s good artist... need I say more?