Do you agree that guys who listen to music from previous decades are more manly compared with those who listen to music from 21st century?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Manly? No... I listen to music from previous decades myself & I don't consider myself less feminine for that aha.

• Wow... from which decade? Any genres ya like?

• Personally I listen to Men At Work and INXS these days mostly...

• Thanks for MHO.

Most Helpful Guy

• This should not even be a question, this generation holds no musical talent. (Very Rarely)

What Girls Said 5

• Music influence definitely correlates with societal trends

• No... lol. I don't see the correlation there.

• no, i think they're more obsessed with the past.

• I'm and proud about it...

• congrats although i think thats boring, the future is way more interesting!

• Nooo

• It just means the guy likes older music. Doesn't make him more manly.

What Guys Said 10

• I listen to music from many different eras, just because there is a lot of crap out there nowadays, doesn't mean it is all bad. There are legitimate artists and musicians out there. And music doesn't make you more or less manly. Well if you listen to rihanna and Drake they suck, but I can see why the music is made for girls, they just like that dirty feeling music sometiems I guess

• That's a stupid way to measure manliness. I think stupidity is less manly.

• Oh, and the previous decade is still the 21st century... hmmmmmm

• Only a kid would judge people that way.

• Actually, in a way stupidity is more manly. This is because the higher testosterone levels impair the ability to think clearly and objectively. Think of it as a mild form of "roid rage" since testosterone is a steroid. This is one reason why those in "Murica" vote GOP.

• It means you listen to old music. It's like people with big glasses and wispy beards going on about old games being 100% superior to new games without actually playing them.

• That would be sad if a man defined his manhood by the music he listens to.

• What? That makes zero sense.

• No, but apparently it makes you more stupid if we're going off you 😂

• Uh no? The fact that im 24 and regularly listen to hank has nothing to do with how manly i am... lol that would just be silly

• No because what about all the different genres? All the genres today are evolved from the genres back then. I like to equate the more "pop" Emo bands especially, to popular 80's "Hair-metal." It's the modern, ballad-laden "lady-killer" type of rock-and-roll.

You can trace everything back across previous decades and find parallels. It's just different times. I think it's cool when people embrace a current music scene (whatever they're into). I think it shows a certain level of open-mindedness and I seem to find these people to be a lot more fun.

• I like listen to 80s and 90s country

• I mainly listen to baroque music.

I'm so manly I have a pet Kodiak bear, arm wrestle gorillas and my voice is so deep only elephants can hear it.

• I have a friend who only listens to music made by banging rocks together. he is so manly he doesn't walk around trees, his beard doubles as a bulletproof vest and women up to three miles downwind of him spontaneously orgasm.