What do you honestly think about Pop music?

If you don't listen to it watch this video to give you a taste.

I love this video :D :D

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not able to identify much differences between music genres but I do love sufi and this one is pretty good. I like it.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 23

• I'm not a huge pop music guy. Something about "made-for-radio", catchy type songs irritate me. It just seems so manufactured. Like I can appreciate the talent involved to come up with something that will have mass appeal, but that's not necessarily the sound I'm looking for. Plus, in a lot of cases, the artists don't even write the music, they're literally "given" the song because it's believed it fits their persona or skillset. Certainly that doesn't apply to everyone, I know some artists write their own stuff, and also, I don't mean to say that anything catchy is automatically bad. But I can't shake the image of a few middle aged music producers writing a song in a studio out in LA and being like "if we give this song to Justin Bieber, it'll go platinum!" Just seems so pre-meditated.

• you think a music artist should also be their own producer?

• Haha, I'm sorry, I don't know how else to describe it. I'm just kidding around with the basic stuff, but I just mean your average everyday younger female that isn't part of some distinct subculture. I can handle some of that music, my girlfriend has listened to Katy Perry enough times around me to where it's tolerable and dare I say I even like a song or two. But Taylor Swift and Ke$ha with a dollar sign are just never going to do it for me. Rihanna is ok, but she's a little closer to R&B, which is a genre I DO like. Also helps that she's easy to look at, haha. I guess it doesn't really align with who I am as a person. Like my favorite music is rap, and more the thugged out variety, because that's relative to where and how I grew up. That's what "speaks" to me, if you will. I also have a laid back side that likes a more laid back, "A Tribe Called Quest", "The Roots"-type of music. I get into other stuff too. The best pop to me is like old school Michael Jackson👍

• rap is great too, i actually love most genres of music (not metal) katy perry, taylor swift and ke$ha aren't good to me either. this is coming from an avid pop fan :D trash music is trash in all genres.

• That pop artists are slaves to their producers and have no say in the creation of what they put their name on.

Not to mention they're live performances are meh, you can tell they lip sync to do some ridiculous dance a lot of people don't care about.

Stand there and actually perform your work.

The Super Bowl halftime shows of recent years are why I hate pop music. Roger Goddell didn't want the Red Hot Chili Peppers playing live as he though they would "mess up" so Anthony Kiedis had to perform over a recorded track.

The entire industry has been so obsessed over perfect sounding vocals, over the top shows, and trying to paint their musicians as flawless, except that falls apart when a mistake is made.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlJZRuSlLeI

Where is the band? Where are the musicians? Nowhere to be found, because the producers only care about the cash coming in from a pretty face and the artist is pretty much bound by contract to go with it.

Here, there are mistakes, on all levels, but because they're professionals-musicians and road crews alike- they recover and move on.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp_LsDwE_Os

These guys are my favorite band right now as Michael Poulsen -lead singer and rhythm guitar- sounds exactly, if not even better, than in the studio

• (https://www. youtube. com/watch? v=ADjkWt04X2U)
      lip syncing for the sake of a good choreography is okay in my book, also producers don't have complete artistic control.

• if i could... i would like this opinion again

• I think that most of what is called music is degenerate garbage that is being used to destroy our culture. Pop music is part of that process.
    Performers are manufactured and the music is formulaic and manufactured. Performers typically have a life cycle of two years, after which the music companies drop them and they are replaced by another manufactured performer, who will be given their 15 minutes of fame. This ensures a passing parade of new faces, to maintain the interest of the audience, who tend to have the attention spans of goldfish.
    Some performers survive longer, but they are very much the exception.

• did you know that the generations before rock and roll thought it was the devil's music and degenerate garbage? same thing with the generation before jazz music. you're a stereotype my friend.

• Pop is the downfall of music.

• Its something you hear on the car radio that you turn up and sing loudly along with like a clown, then you turn it back down when you reach the lights in case someone pulls up alongside and sees you.

• :D noo, that's gangsta rap or trap music. pop music isn't embarassing

• Gangsta rap = rolling the windows down and bopping 😎. I don't mind pop too much, I wouldn't pay money for it though I like rock better.

• That Bruno Mars song is fun, but the rest of the people in that video I don't like. There's plenty of great pop out there that's better than the Swift/Beyonce/Smith junk.

• Honestly, I hate it.

• I think it's for metrosexual fags

• ill listen to what ever pleases my ear. currently I like the pop song - wild things by Alissa cara. well the hook n bass. rumbles my car

• Its overrated

• That it's not music anymore it's just noise now.

• Utter, complete shit... EXCEPT a few exceptions...

• @Asker what is the problem? got nothing to answer concerning Lyrics?

• lool i'm doing work bruh, not as much free time to talk crap as you do :P

• I think it's often (not always but often) more unoriginal with less intelligent lyrics, but I still enjoy listening to a lot of music.
    I do like most music though

• considering that it's played all the damn time on the radio, i think it's dog shit

• Such songs must be killed by an Electric boogaloo dance😀

• some is good, some sucks... I usually don't listen to it but there is some good stuff

• I can bear them, but not particularly my taste.

• Not my thing but I admit some songs are catchy

• It's good music

• Some songs are great, other sucks...

• some good and some bad

• Honestly,, uts not that bad.. if im having a bad day it can cheer me up :)

What Girls Said 16