Do any of you GAGers know what the best and most affordable gaming desktop PC I can buy later for 2016?

Trying to look for a good gaming PC desktop that can run games from Steam great.

If any of you know one good gaming PC, should I buy it from Amazon (online) or from Best Buy (in store)?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't buy a gaming PC from a major retailer. Look up some guides and build it yourself, you'll learn a lot and save a ton of money.

What games specifically are you hoping to run?

• Pretty much games on Steam like Rainbow Six Siege or the new game Quantum Break or any game from 2008-Present Day.

• Have a look here:
      www.tomshardware.com/.../...vidia-gtx-980-550.html

Their budget might be higher than yours, but you could get a GTX970 and save a few hundred.

• Thanks for MHO. I have had some luck in the past with a store-bought computer and adding a few of my own components to it, but that's not the most efficient or cost effective way of doing it.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Get one custom made, I have a family friend who makes them

• Like, what type of graphics card do I need for my HP 2000 Notebook PC laptop and what other parts do I need for it to run any PC games smoothly, without lagging and cutting off so god-awful bad? My laptop isn't really PC gaming-friendly.

• I'd rather just pay no more than $500 on a used gaming PC desktop from Amazon, unless I you know a reliable old cheap computer that can run new games with compatible graphic cards than can run them.

• No, you really need to get one built if you want anything decent