Two questions: how come Harry Potter did not die when voldemort used the killing curse? Why didn't Voldemort just use a gun to kill Harry?

Please answer both
Jk Rowling said she wanted Harry to have a happy ending but he basically was hit with the killing curse twice. Once as a baby and at the battle of hogwarts and lived. I'm trying so hard to buy that answer but I can't. I know the deathly Hallows supposedly conquer death but I don't recall her saying it was true it was just a fairy tale story for wizards

I also don't get why Voldemort who had a muggle father did not know about muggle weapons. He honestly could have just shot Harry

Most Helpful Guy

• Guns were considered barbaric by the wizarding community.

Basically plot armour.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nobody in the UK really has access to guns, so it's not an English thing to put gun violence in something.

What Guys Said 5

• Harry was a horcrux. The curse of the horcrux makes things almost impossible to destroy, it protects the object and the soul fragment of the caster of the horcrux. Using the killing curse destroyed the fragment of Voldemort's soul that Harry was carrying rather than Harry himself (though it very nearly killed them both).

Voldemort was the ultimate muggle hater. He hated them so much that he killed his own father. Using a muggle gun would be a huge offense to Voldemort's pride and ego, he'd find it beneath him.

• if you read the books you would know... Voldemort used Harry's blood to come back to life (In HP 4 The goblet of Fire)... So he was bound by the same Spell that protected Harry (Love that repeled the Death Curse) AND Voldemort made Harry into the Last Horcrux and Voldemort didn't realize it... That is why Harry didn't die
    Read the fucking books every plot hole in the movies are explained

• I read all the books twice
      You show lack of intelligence by insulting me

• "a intelligent conversation" ... i have nothing else to say or to prove

• You are the one who started cussing at me
      Looking for an argument

• I don't get why Harry didn't use that invisible cloak and sneak into the girls shower. What an idiot!

• @consultantisback how did this one got out of locker?

• First you can, t curse a man, who is already cursed so he survived,
    Let me give you mathematical explanation
    If you add two negatives result is positive (-) + (-)=+;),
    2nd director is shit and voldemort can create nuke to kill harry.

• After the 2nd Harry Potter movie I stopper watching it. I saw clips of the movie and Voldemort is so much more bad ass than in the movies

Also dumbledore is much more darker in the books than the movies

• @Darkone if you ADD 2 negatives... it stays negative (ex : -2 + -3 = -5)... it is by multiplying or dividing 2 negatives that it becomes a positive

• @FrenchyRomain Yeah, it should look like -1-1=-2, sorry Gag

What Girls Said 3

• Omg same lol wtf i love this post so much, anyways no but it has something to do with lily/james will to protect harry from what i remember that protected him from being cursed as a baby, and honestly would it have been an interesting series if he just shot harry as a baby?

• Because Harry was protected by his mothers love, and Tom Riddle (Voldemort) had thought that his father had been a wizard because he thought that no wizard would accept a muggle's death because it was "beneath them" so he would most likely stray from using any muggle devices.

• Muggle weapons don't work around Hogwarts or places having a magical population because the magic interferes with their working.
    Even if Voldemort knew about guns, he would not have used it. He was deeply ashamed of his Muggle heritage, remember?
    The first time Harry did not die (as a baby) because his mother sacrificed her life for him. the act of sacrifice shielded Harry from the effects of the spell.
    The second time, he didn't die because he was the last horcrux. When the killing curse hit him, it destroyed that remaining part of Voldemort's soul which was in him. His own soul was left intact. Hence, his survival.
    The Deathly Hallows were largely believed to be a myth. But, as we know, they do exist.

And now, a question in turn --- HAVE YOU READ THE BOOKS?

• I'm not sure if you are trolling or not because I read the books. If I did not then I would have never answered this question so don't come at me sideways

Second of all if you read the books you would know that Harry Potter lived with his aunt and uncle for a long time in the muggle world

Voldemort could have went to Harry Potter's house and shot him

• First of all, i am not trolling. I tried to answer your question to the best of my ability.
      But i can't help but say that your question sounds as if you never read them.

Why Voldemort didn't take a gun? You might as well ask why an exceptionally powerful wizard like Voldemort couldn't kill an inexperienced boy who still went to school at all.

• I read the fucking book