Agree or Disagree: EA is THE very worst and most cancerous company to the video game industry and should hopefully flop?

They're notorious for their draconian business practices such as their crooked microtransactions and so-called "DLCs"(more like cut content from the main single player game). They have a history of treating almost all of their talented developing teams like crap and financially fuck them over, taking all of their undeserved money, which SHOULD HAVE gone to the developers who did all the hard work in such unreasonably, unrealistically short deadlines given to them (by EA). They've ruined Star Wars Battlefront with their plethora of crappy overpriced "DLCs" and barebones content and they're now slowly ruining one of my all-time favorite video game franchise, Mass Effect (with the crappy ending for ME3 and decided to give us the "better" ending as paid DLC).

Man, selling the rights of the Mass Effect franchise and Bioware (the developers of the franchise) to EA was one of the worst mistakes Microsoft Studios has ever done (yes, Microsoft used to own Bioware before the Mass Effect sequals started). That's like selling your own soul to Satan and the Devils.

Despite the huge backlash that EA deserves for their notorious history, I'm not gonna lie that there are few great, nearly-complete games that came out of EA, such as Dead Space (the first game at least) and EA Sports Fight Night Champion (boxing simulation game). However, only a super handful of those type of games get made by EA and their developers and even then, EA would only give certain development teams more reasonable deadlines to make and finish a great game when it would actually benefit them (EA) much more than usual.

All I can say is EA can go fuck themselves. I hope they go out of business someday and rot in hell.

• Agree
  • Disgree
  • Others

Most Helpful Guy

• All the big game companies suck these days in my opinion. And I think that's been true for a very long time now. I have not thought much of EA right from the start. They never had the same spirit as the early game companies during the rapid growth and early innovations of games.

You don't have to buy their games though. You can look for startups and indy companies to support. It might be a little harder to find them, but you have that option.

Also there are a TON of old games out there. Personally I don't see any reason to buy new games any more unless something really stands out. I don't care if a game is new or old. If it was good 20 years ago then it's still good. It might be a little hard to get it running though. Thanks for dosbox :)

• I just hope indie games grow bigger in the future since luckily for PS4 owners, Sony has been accepting a lot of indie games for their consoles (PS4 and PS Vita) recently. That'll give me a good reason to never buy any new or digital copy of an EA game ever again.

What Girls Said 3

• I can't think of anyone who doesn't hate EA. I hope they sell The Sims to a good company and then go die quietly so no one ever has to put up with their shit again.

• I agree. I also really hate how they treat their employees

• I really don't care. The only game by them that I play is Sims 4. Although I don't think they're the worst, I CAN agree that they aren't the most supportive or understanding people in the world. When I was unable to play my game, it was a complete waste of time to contact them.

What Guys Said 14

• Agreed, EA is pretty bad. Sadly, a lot of companies are becoming just as bad. Maybe not employing the exact same practices, but companies I used to LOVE many years ago (specifically talking about Blizzard and Square-Enix) have done nothing but disappoint me with virtually everyone decision making process they've gone through for quite some time now.

Granted, it could be because I'm just getting older, but I'm starting to really lose any passion I had for gaming.

• YEess! EA steady killing tittles for how many years now? EA pushes this whole "pay-to-play" culture that's ruining gaming

• i don't give a fuck. they'll keep making money while you keep bitching and they'll give absolutely no fucks. they make madden so i'm good

• "i don't give a fuck"

Oh you will. As soon as the developers become finally fed up with their constant abuse from EA and end up either going on strike or quit working for them, which means there's somehat a possibility that there will be no more Madden (or it'll be put on a super long hold), you'll be singing a completely different tune and end up being the one also bitching about it on the internet.

Oh and by the way, EA has faced a shit ton of lawsuits in the past for all of their bullshit, such as ripping off their customers with Battlefield 4's broken DLC that corrupts their games with multiple bugs, unpaid overtime towards their former employees and so on. They're also responsible for many former good small development studios (that they've purchased) being shut down, thus putting a lot of the game artists of these defunct studios into unemployment status.

• ok? video games still aren't my life and there are enough games where i'll get over it. hell, if they do stop making x games... i'll just play the version before. if they treat their employees shitty, fuck those guys and they should strike, but not shit that keeps me up at night and i'll lose sleep over

• Yeah, the more i play them the more i hate when they are involved.

Ubisoft is driving me mad too now that im on the topic.

• Absoultley agree with the OP. that's why I don't buy their games. almost everybody knew from a mile away how battlefront 3 was gonna turn out.

• Thats business dude. As long as their games sell, and they can get people to work for them, they can do as they please.

• They have the right to sell their half-assessment games all they like. What they don't have the right to do is abuse their development team employees and greatly under-pay them.

• Sure they do. If people quit working for them, they'd have to improve their terms.

• Maybe they do have some rights to abuse their employees but don't be surprised when someday in the future, EA ends up facing several of lawsuits so far up their asses after some of their development teams actually quit working for them.

Then again, EA is a pretty rich company so they'll unfortunately avoid these lawsuits with all the money they have and get away with their crooked business practices like they always do.

• EA have pulled some dick moves over the past 5 years, but as far as I'm concerned, the WORST company in the business is Overkill. The worst. Just for what they did to one game.

• Agree they suck

• I used to like their football games but they ruined those. I haven't bought a game by EA in a long time. If I ever see a game that is developed by them then I generally expect the game to kind of suck

• Fuck EA

• I agree, but it is a business, and you don't get far in business without being a complete ass

• Yep

They ruined Star Wars.

• Disagree X1000
    EA kicks so much ass!

• Hell yeah EA destroys most games they touch :)