Can guys and girls be JUST FRIENDS?

Do you think guys and girls can be just friends? Or can a girl have a lot of guy friends and it never turns into anything more?

Assuming they are both straight.
And how do you make sure no one becomes attracted to each other?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, of course. One of my best friends was a guy, we're both straight and we weren't attracted to each other.
    I was only a friend to him, just like he was only a friend to me and that's why we didn't have feelings for each other.
    I couldn't even see me in a relationship with him.

What Guys Said 10

• Yes, of course they can be. I don't see a reason why

• Yes. As long as neither one is attracted to the other, it's easy.

• Like if he is jobless and homeless, and she is like 250lbs and not in a good way?

• Yes they can be friends... But if the girl Is less good looking and the boy in a relationship with a much hotter girl someone like @Girlwithcooltats ...

• So it's harder for guys to be friends with attractive girls?

• Yes indeed!.. Although it depends, on what that guy consider hot?

• sure, I have a couple of female friends with none of us being interested in more with each other

• Yes, easily

• I'm friends with people who aren't attracted to me, nor me to them, and we're good friends!

• Pure luck of the draw whether they can be or not without feelings - How do you stop people getting feelings, I don't think you can but not every mixed gender friendship will develop feelings.

• Nah I can't lol I talk and bang chicks I find hot , I don't freindzone them and those who aren't hot. I just don't talk to em so

• Yes, they can be.
    Just waiting for some sex crazy comments...

• No.

It's been my experience that the it's always either side that wants something more. Girls that us guys friendzone want to fuck us, and girls that friendzone us are girls that we want to fuck

What Girls Said 8

• I'd Hope so! Some guys are cool to talk to! Some time I like talking to girls because you can talk about make-up!

• I believe so. I have plenty of guy friends but a lot of the time they end up liking me or wanting to have sex with me which sucks but I have no problem being friends with a guy I'm not attracted too. I would be friends with an attractive guy too but it might be too distracting and I would definitely try to hook up with them if we got drunk together lol

• Definitely!! I've been friends with the guys from my church for years. I watched them all get girlfriends and they always individually came to me for advice about the girls they liked. It was like a strange sort of brother/sister relationship we had

• I think it's possible

• Yes, my best friend is a guy. My boyfriends best friend is a girl. I consider my bff an older brother and my boyfriend considers his bff as a little sister to him.

• How long have you and your best friend been friends? In order to have a sibling-like relationship, do you have to grow up together?

• We've been besties for a year now. No, you don't have to grow up together to have a sibling-like relationship. He and I are too much alike to be anything more than brother and sister. Plus, he's in love with my sister lol.

• Yes girls and guys can just be friends like Harry Potter and Hermione

• It is possible, but it is likely that one or the other or both is going to develop romantic feelings, which will complicate things.

• I think guys and girls can be friends, I mean sure SOMETIMES the friend thing doesn't work and it becomes more. But I think their are guys separated in the friends zone and their okay with it and want to stay there.