Do you need really strong arms to do a cartwheel?

I know it's a really random question, but I've always been afraid and don't trust myself to be able to do a cartwheel. I know I'm really strong, but is it impossible to do a cartwheel if you can't hold yourself up? I'm 17 and 5'2"

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I've been doing cartwheels since I was 5 and my arms were like noodles lol but I also didn't weigh much.
    I think you should be fine... at least try it somewhere where there's padding :P

Most Helpful Girl

• No haha you can hav twiggy arms and do a perfectly adequate kartwheel 😂 It takes very little.

What Guys Said 4

• It might help to have good level of strength relative to your weight but technique probably matters more.

• No, it's just carrying your momentum. It's not like you're doing handstand pushups

• Yes you can the centripetal force would counteract gravity

• not really. only if you´re really fat with hardly any muscle.

What Girls Said 3

• No, I'm very weak. And I can do cartwheels.

• I'm a normal strength and I can do a straight cartwheel. You just need to be relaxed.

• I don't think strong arms make a diff. It's all about momentum.