Why does TV only depict guys being total losers?

Growing up we stopped seeing fearless, strong, dominant guys with a great cause. Instead we see weak afraid unconfidant losers. Until I was older I had no idea how to talk to women I thought you acted like these weak men on TV but I was tricked I'm not even like that, but I never had a dad and the media gave me my male role models so I was clueless?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Because in our society we like to treat men poorly hence men being weak or bumbling idiots or violent monsters (ironic since men are actually statisticly less likely to be violent towards women and children then women (women being more likely to harm men and children that is). Women are the biggest consumers so that is why commercials are all designed to make the woman seem superior to the men and tv is mostly older women as viewers so its all designed to cater to them hence men being weak/evil and women being portrayed as vastly superior in most all respects. Look at old shows and movies and you will see what men use to be portrayed as (My friend actually recently pointed this out after watching the movie the great outdoors with John Candy).

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Female and male characterizations in the media are mostly shit and unrealistic, they make the guy too strong or too weak, they make the girl too badass or just a tool, neither of those are relatable

• Every man on every sitcom is essentially some useful idiot that messes everything up but somehow, by the end of the episode manages to salvage the respect of his wife and children.

That's TV and that's not me

• Lol don't blame tv for your problems that's low

• Because feminists are being heard to loudly.