I really like some of Cake's music. Unfortunately, other than "alternative" they don't really fit one specific genre, so it's hard for me to find other artists that sound similar. I have listened to pretty much all of their music but I find that most of their songs aren t so much like the ones that made me fall in love.. The Distance, I Will Survive, Short Skirt/Long Jacket. In my opinion a lot of their other songs are much slower. I do, however like Dime, Satan is my Motor and Rock n Roll Lifestyle. But the first three are my favorites.

I really like those three songs repetitiveness and vocals (basically spoken not sung). I don t really know how to describe what I am looking for but I always thought of it how like Pop Art is to Art Cake is to music. There is something very cool, American, edgy, and sarcastic about them, and that s what I am looking for. please help!!<3

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• Oh man it's been so long for me and I'm so shit with names but I can try lol. You might like Reel Big Fish, Spoon, and An Angle. You can always try The Shins, Rogue Wave, and The Antlers, but they aren't quite the sound I think you're looking for. there's another one I want to put here but I can't remember the band name just some lyrics and I looked it up but nothing turned up...

• Jett, listen to "Are you gonna be my girl?" and Nada SurfSurf, listen to "Popular"!! Only ones I know