Do you play or enjoy First-Person Shooters (FPS) genre video games?

If you do play FPS games, then name some that you really liked, have heard of before or have played.

Or mention what FPS games you are interested in playing? Also are you more of a Console FPS gamer, a PC FPS gamer? Maybe a bit of both? I'm more of the PC FPS gamer, although I have played Console versions or Console-exclusive FPS games in the past such as Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64.

Also, if possible provide some recommendations to me or anyone else here that are interested in that genre.

I've always been a fan of the older classics like the older Doom games, Duke Nukem 3D, Hexen, and Quake series.

I have also played some of the earlier Call Of Duty games a few times here and there but I don't find myself really really into them. Don't get me wrong I did have some fun over at a friend's place one time with COD Advanced Warfare, but it's just not something I would play on a really really frequent basis.

Other FPS games that provided me a memorable experience are the older Aliens vs Predator games (AvP Gold and AvP2) since I thought that provide a unique experience as the games provided 3 different types of play styles and perspectives.

But the real reason why I liked about the older first person shooter games?

Those were the days BEFORE the DLCs and "micro-transactions" become what is the current business model.

Meaning back then in the 1990s, Software Development Kits, and custom Map makers and Editors were more frequently released and thus a vast amount of free custom maps, customization and modifications were much more widely available providing a vast amount of content to expand and make those games even more interesting than their original default form. E. G. Any one here ever heard of Source Ports? it even gives the old games a total makeover for sounds, graphics, textures, etc. all done and provided by their respective fanbases and communities.

In other words, you get MORE BANG for your Buck with those kinds of Mod-friendly and supported games. Of course this pertains specifically for the Computer versions specifically Windows, although there had been Mac OS ports or even Linux ports.

Console version rarely really support any mods due to the nature that they are on "Read-Only" medium

These days, thinks like SDK's and free map builders and editors for FPS games are almost rarely ever released or heard of anymore.
Map Pack DLCs usually just consist of a few maps released here and there.

And sometimes the DLCs provide content that doesn't even affect the gameplay and is just a cosmetic customization or modification.

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually play FPS on PC cuz i'm too short on money to buy a console and videogames

• For PC, you just need a really good laptop, and I think the prices for PC Windows games are generally less compared to the console editions. That way, you don't have to choose between, should I get the Playstation version or the Xbox version? Console versions of games are usually around 60 bucks or more, compared to PC versions which are usually around 40 bucks or more.

Personally, I prefer to play FPS type of games on the PC due to having a mouse to "aim" the weapons and is generally much more faster, smoother and consistent compared to aiming with a console's analog stick.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not exactly a first person shooter, but I'm loving Saints Row 4. It's a third person, over the shoulder shooter. The humor is over the top.

What Girls Said 2

• I do not own any video games, but I have played some. I usually play them whenever I go to visit my friends.

• Call of duty black ops 2 😛👏👏👏👏 minecraft.. I use to play mine craft

What Guys Said 7

• Used to back in the days of Halo 3, Halo Reach, and CoD WaW. But now they've gone and made everything so ridiculously convoluted that it has nothing to do with ability or skill.

• It's just not the same anymore.

I think more and more current FPS genre games try to emulate and be like COD as much as possible. Back in the days we had Doom and Wolfenstein 3D clones but now it seems like we are getting more and more COD clones.

I also disliked how many campaigns are linear and have become shorter. They spoon feed players a lot sometimes meaning difficult things had been dumb down intentionally and greatly eliminated the need for players to actually think where to go next, what they have to do, or why they have to do certain tasks in the game.

Internet and Online Multiplayer "competitive" is all the primary focus now when it comes to support and development.

Some FPS games may still have alternate multiplayer modes such as co-op through a campaign or special missions together, or a "horde" or "survivor" mode, but most of it has been mainly focused and favored toward competitive modes.

• You weren't really old enough back in the Doom days and original Wolfenstein.. quake 3 and stuff. Those were amazing

But now it's all about call of duty and Halo

• In correct, my age displayed here is not my true age, I'm actually 34 in real life..

• I do yea
    My personal favorite are the halo games cause i like the leeway of being able to get shot a bit before i actually die

• I assume you meant you hate things like getting killed instantly from cheap shots or something in a FPS game?

• yea i do. CoD4, CoD:WaW, Killzone 2

• I'm more into open world RPG's

• I have played Doom, Crysis and an online one called Contract Wars.

• Nope, I'm more into moba and bird's eye view style games.