If there was a genre of music you could get rid of forever in life, which would it be?

For me, I'd get rid of all rap music.

• Rap
  • Rock
  • Pop
  • Metal
  • Classical
  • Country
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• Voted other. I am voting for HOUSE.
    It's quite literally the least musically valuable garbage ever. At least rap has decent pads. But house? Every song is the same thing. And it's the same monotonous bore fest. It's just horrible and too abundant.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 33

• Being as rap consists merely of the atonal rantings of inner-city potheads, and those catering to same, it doesn't remotely qualify as a form of "music".

• My favourite radio station is a classical/musicals/new world one so if I could get rid of the classical religious, opera, musicals and new world, I would be very happy.
    On the modern front never got my head around hip hop/rap etc , 99% of pop and maybe the new age electronic stuff (but that kinda falls into new world stuff)
    Some of the real country and western stuff, there is some country I like.

• Rap and country

• Easily rap, its degrading to society. Hearing about pussy pussy weed and ass from many of the current artists is pathetic. I don't mind 90's rap but recently I've been questioning how the fuck this is music.

• I would get rid of jazz, it's the most boring type of music... but I also don't like most of the rap/hip-hop music, and country.

• 1|0
  • I'd immediately get rid of rap, without hesitation. It is my number one most despised music genre.

I hate country almost as much, but it's the lesser of two evils.

• Rap, most of it is junk and sends a bad message.

• Christian music

• A and F... although some rap doesn't suck lol.

• White power music
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_power_music
    Fuck nazis and Fuck Fascism

• Why, because every other genre I could think of has at least one redeeming artist

• Since dupshit was not on the list, I'll have to go with pop.

And what's wrong with rap? Some of it can be really thought provoking.

• Country or Rap

• country, if I could keep the old stuff like Willie, Waylon and Johnny.

• rap / hip hop...

• Firstly think rap is the best out of all them. IG the only genre that is competive. and the most witty.

Rock music get boring after a while talking about my inner demons my dark side. Or we are the one who are great. Or I loved you but you hurt me type stuff.
    But I love my rock music and all its flaws. Jonny cash three days grace TFK RISE. AGISNT ETC

Metal is that the scream ing one thata garbage.

Cputry is good sometime rascal flats Dixie chicks Tim McGraw. Carrie underwood.

But they content gets repititve too. My truck/ being on the road or that girl or Jesus or I'm a cowboy/girl is usually there content. or guns oR my daddy said.

Pop is fun music. never gets stale. I love 3oh 3 katey perry. but its not my fave genre.

Classical is boring and sleepY TO ME unless there really really creative with it.

You forgot jazz by the way

• Rap. It's trash.

• Indie pop rock funk

• rap because it makes me feel angry. but can't say no to classic rap/hiphop

• none. I'm not forced to listen to it and just because I don't like it doesn't mean that other people shouldn't be allowed to listen to it either...

• Classical, Jazz, and Blues

• Dubstep! Put it on fire and throw it into space!

• Country because it sux ass!

• Some times the class of music you despise must, can make the sweetest of sense. So none

• Someone voted Classical? tsk tsk

• Rap is a cancer.

• Coming from a guy stuck in a German Town... POLKA! https://youtu.be/0gsskSuFQjI
    It's like this all fucking spring/summer!

• Of course people here voted rap and then country too

Geeds smh lmao

• KEEP rap music, there's some good ones!

Get rid of metal or country

…or pop

• More from Guys
    3

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 12