I want to catch up on Game of Thrones (GOT)...How do I catch up on Game of Thrones?

I want to catch up on Game of Thrones, but I just watched the first episode and I'm already confused, Ugh!

I feel like it is something I'd like, but it seems hard to follow.
How do I catch up on Game of Thrones?

Most Helpful Guy

• Watch the first season through. You'll miss/not understand 2/3 of what's going on (it IS complicated, but that's what makes it fantastic - it's an adventure story with layers of history and politics and schemes). Once you've watched the whole first season, start over, and this time through a TON more will make sense - you'll understand who the people are and why they're doing that they're doing.

That's one of the great things about the show (and the books): there are so many layers that you get enjoyment and learn new things with multiple readings/viewings.

Most Helpful Girl

• keep going, it's worthwhile. it's hard to get into it's pattern but once you figure it out, no other show will ever amount to it.

• really? it's good but breaking bad, the wire and six feet under all compare to it.

• @Josht11 i googled them to give u a chance, for the wire: i don't like criminal shows and six feet under: I don't know it seems alright, i might try it. i don't think i'm missing too much, most shows can't keep my attention.

• well those were just a few suggestions other great shows would be erased, rick and morty, silicon valley, sherlock, luther, true detective and death note there are many more.

What Guys Said 25

• 0|1
  • There is no catching up other then binge watching all the episodes... It's complex, it's confusing, many names, many hidden hints and significances... But so worth it.

Less then 24h till S06E01, can't wait :-)

• Well they gotta give a lot of backstory of whitewalkers, the starks, baratheons and then they end the first episode with a cliffhanger with bran.

Just keep watching it pretty much explains it all after the first season and you'll be hooked after season finale.

• hbo. com... if you don't have an account, get a friend who does. if none of your friends don't, get new friends :D

• Honestly I usually watch each episode 2 to 3 times the first 24 hrs it comes out.
    Watch season one, watch history and lore season one, game of thrones wiki.
    Proceed like that. Once you get into it you will know which information and storylines you want to know more of. Then wiki, YouTube etc. At this point you will be hooked so enjoy. Deepest most complex character stories ever created in an epic fantasy world. Pretty freaking amazing I have watched all five seasons this week

• It takes time to learn all the characters just keep watching. If you don't like it though don't force yourself to watch.

• Go to HBO on demand on your cable tv and you can get caught up

• I started this show when the 2nd episode of the 3rd season was released. In less than 2 weeks I watched all previous episodes. I was obsessed.

• My mum seem to be confused too but now start to watch it again.
    I think she want see it alone.
    Maybe it is like one of actor said he run away from home while his parent watch it.

• There's a Game of Thrones wiki and several other resources you can use to help you better understand the story and characters.
    Just make sure you study the show and not the books, There are several differences.

• First few episodes of a series is always difficult but its a relatively easy story line

• People usually aren't confused by things they like and enjoy. So I'm guessing your're not really enjoyng Game of Thrones? If you don't enjoy it, why are you watching it? For social reasons?

• How many seasons has it been running for? And do they re-run episodes?
    If so, you can use your DVR, configured to record all episodes and keep them until the disk is full. Terminology varies with different carriers, but you'll get them all eventually. Or see is season box sets are available if you can't wait.

• Go to Wikipedia or Google game of thrones plot synopsis. It will help you understand the back story.

• its just a story about a few people of different families who fight for the iron throne. that and boobs. A LOT of boobs. at least two pairs of boobs per episode. no boobs in an episode is rare.

• not enough boobs if you ask me.

• @Josht11 Well, THAT is an improvement. Speaking of the HBO Network, does anyone remember "Deadwood", a. k. a., "The Cocksucker Show"? That's ALL they ever said and it became pretty lame fast. And I LIKE Westerns!

• Women watch Game of Thrones?

• Solarmovie. is tube plus. Me

• am I allowed to give out a website that has actaully just about every movie and tv show I've ever tried to watch

• just keep watching. it will make more sense the more you follow the story

• Do you mean you have not seen the series from the beginning?

• yeah

• Oh then you won't get it. You need the DVDs from a library. To be honest, i literally need a training course to understand the characters and the plot.

• Visit your local library

• the more you watch, the more things make sense.

• After knowing how dumbed down the series is compared to the books, it is very fun seeing this.

That said, just make give it your full attention when watching and enjoy it. Nothing beats enjoying something for catching and keeping up.

• you must be really dumb if you can't keep up after 1 episode. how about put your phone away and your computer and just pay attention.

• Well, good luck with that.

I've never had the fancy to watch even one episode, despite my friends telling me "But there's a lot of nudity in it !!!" ... they shut up when I said "So does the internet"

My best advise would be to read up on summaries, and or plots and characters

What Girls Said 3

• #Stillhaven'twatchit

• I am doing the same thing go to couchtuner. ag not legal but it will work don't click on any links.

• it took me until season 2 to keep track of everyone but its SO WORTH IT!!! Keep watching! :D

• Ok! When did the new season start?

• You mean when does season 6 start? cos that would be tommorow