Do you consider rappers to be "artistic genius" or just paid fast talkers with rhythm?

Most Helpful Guy

• Rapers: Rapers Attempting Poetry. Learned that in middle school.

I don't consider it "artistic genius". It takes very little effort to create a rap. Everyone was doing it in middle school. These days it takes very little effort to create beats, too. But. I still like a lot of rap. I grew up on it. There is also a power there: an expression of strength. That's a theme in the type of music I like, as well. Like metal. Ultimately, music is an expression of emotion. One typically measures the "artistic" capability in the difficulty of its creation, I think.

However. At the same time, listen to La Grange. It's simple. But it sounds great. Just because something isn't complicated, doesn't mean there isn't talent involved. ZZ Top were masters of the guitar, not for their complexity, but because of how they came up with a bunch of riffs that stick in your head and how the music flows. I mean. Playing ZZ Top isn't easy. But it's not the most complicated. Well. Insert simplistic band that sounds good.

Playing an instrument takes serious talent. Playing an instrument while singing takes a lot of serious talent. Pretty much anyone can rap a verse. But, it is still a creation of poetry. Despite mostly being middle school poetry.

Free styling takes some artistic genius, though. But. The real artistic genius comes in when rap is used for social stances.

Besides. ERB. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6G6CZT7h4k

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 23

• Rappers like 2Pac, Biggie, Nas, Rakim, Eminem, Ice Cube... are artists. That's art; it's poetry.

Rappers like Drake, Nicki Minaj, little bitch... I mean, little Wayne, Rich Homie Quan... those are just people that are paid millions for nonsense, cause that's not art, nor Rap.

• It really depends on the artist. like drake or any of that other shit, ... fake superficial shit, that talk about hating another rapper or going to the nightclub or got to have sex or whatever move they do while having sex.

it's hard for me to like rap. I don't have the ability to relate to most of it, and the beats and fake instrumentals usually don't capture my interest, but if they are actually rapping about things that matter or something outside of the city streets or rapping about something a little more worldly or less personal, then maybe they can write something good. There must be some good rappers who write well, I don't know any of them.

• Rap is music for singers who can't sing.

• Well, the purely entertaining rap gets grouped together with the artistic rap by the general population.

But, there is certainly rap that's considered art, and rappers that are legit geniuses.

Also, not all music is for everyone. My view on rap is just my opinion.

There's people who believe there's no difference from an artist like Guru to someone like little Wayne. So it depends on how open minded you are.

• Well there's some shit and some art with every rap category of course 2pac, eminem and public enemy are all classic rappers with amazing and artistic songs that no one on this website could create anything near as good but then you get shit. But pimp a butterfly was amazing try listening to that.

• It is a style of music I am not into but I like poetry so I feel I have to show them all respect or else it is like me saying I am only democratic when the candidate I support gets elected.

• Someone like Nas and Eminem? Yes. Somebody like Fetty Wap? Hell fucking no!

• Meh some of them are actually skilled but the vast majority of them are just paid fast talkers with a rhythm. And in general I don't consider them in anyway artistic geniuses.

• They are just paid fast talkers with rhythem

• Rap was manufactured the by Jewish music industry to exploit the black population of the USA and any whites who were silly enough to go along with it.
    It is not music.
    I would compare it with the story of the emperor's new clothes.

• It's "artistic genius" when they can really twist your mind and make you see things from new angles whether it be political, social, or simply something humorous (like a pop culture fad or something). Some rappers don't even write their own raps!

If they can write their own stuff and that stuff is truly genius, it is DEFINITELY artistic genius.

• Paid yellers of curse words. 😒

• Depends on the rapper.

• thats subjective and even more subjective

• Not every one of them is an artistic genius , some can be talented and some can be an amateur, yet fast talker is reductive, they're not singer but they're still musician cause they compose the beats..

• Most of them are meat puppets and fast talkers like you say.

• Depends on the artist

• Not all rappers talk fast. Its a art form.

• just paid fast talkers with rhythm.

• rhythm and poetry I like poetry I like music I like r&p and music and general makes life livable

• It depends tbh

• artistic genius. that's why they're making millions.

• Even if a person speaks fast, faster than people can understand if he doesn't have any flow or can't rhyme as fast as they talk then no

What Girls Said 15

• I don't know. Just a regular guy!

• I think that some of them are artistic genius, the ones that talk about serious issues.
    But others are paid fast talkers.

• They are artists in their own right. rap is in a league of its own and I feel some have mastered it.

• They are geniuses. At least the truly talented are like Nas, little Wayne and Eminem.
    To be able to create coherent as well as good poetry/rhymes at high speeds is a special type of talent.

• Rappers that write songs, especially those that write songs like Mockingbird, are talented. I quite like Eminem

• They are geniuses technically because rap is poetry to a song, which takes a lot of time and thought to come up with. I personality don't listen to rap much however.

• Most people can't do it well at a high level. The best have popular and lasting musical appeal. Therefore, it requires great talent. I'm not sure about "genius." Geniuses are always a few no matter what the subject matter being discussed.

• They're not genius, not to me. Eminem and some other very good rappers are very talented, I give them that.

• kinda depends... like if a rapper were to just be like:
    hey gurl guess what I like tacos!
    but im not really that fond of taco-bell nachos

then maybe not so much but rappers who are actually good are fine and are sort of artists in a way in my personal opinion

• some are paid fast talkers then others are artistic geniuses.

• Not a big fan of rappers ://

• I love rap but that does not mean I like every rap artist

• paid fast talkers with rhythem

• Some is good some is bad, I think Eminem is good

• Artistic genius, no but word ninja genius, yes.