Do you believe in Time Travel?

That is utter stupid.
If time travel was possible in future, don't you think someone from the future might have tried to visit us?

But we got 0 visitors from the future so far, so doesn't it make sense to assume that time travel would not be possible in the future too?

Most Helpful Girl

• no, definitely not in the way we imagine it. we're wrong more often than not of how a concept plays out. i mean look at how people in 1900s imagined the 2000s to be.
    i.kinja-img.com/.../17xpm66nfdnn1jpg.jpg
    if it does happen, it'll be much different than what we imagine it to be.

Most Helpful Guy

• If they did we still wouldn't know, according to most who study this there is one major absolute of 'time travel' DO NOT leave a large footprint that will alter the timeline drastically.

The answer to this is pretty simple; If you alter the timeline then that 'ripple' in the timeline will change history and may have a very bad affect on the future.
    Example: What if someone went back in time and caused hitler to win the war by their actions? Who knows what that future may bring?

So even if you were a 'Time traveler' it's best to be very careful what you do in the past so not as to alter the future in a way that will have a very negative outcome.

What Girls Said 8

• We don't get visitors that we know of. I'm sure if time travel existed that the people coming back would just observe and not change anything by being "hey I'm from the future guess who wins the superbowl" it would probably be more of let's see what it was like in the stupid ages.

• so you don't believe, right?

• I'm not sure if I believe it or not. I believe anything is possible so that includes time travel but it would be hard to comprehend how it's possible. I'm not even really sure I believe if time exists truthfully

• Maybe they only have a time machine that can transport you into the future but not the past? So people could only go into the future & stay there. That may explain missing people & why we haven't heard of any successes for time travel/people travelling back in time to visit us

• i dont think i believe in it, but aren't they supposed to NOT tell us? the whole space-time disruption thing happens when they reveal the future right? so wouldn't that include that they were time-travelers? lol

• Maybe, who knows for sure.

• If it doesn't already exist I believe it will in the future.

• Did you read the description?

• I am looking for other opinions if you can justify it how it's possible.

• Well, personally, I don't believe humans are the highest intelligence in the universe. Also, I'm fairly positive that time travellers would not make themselves known to us & will just observe.

• Well either that or we just didn't know...

• I wish it was true... maybe :)

• Where do you think these UFO suddenly appear from & disappear to?

What Guys Said 12

• Yes, I do believe in time travel and I have seen movies based on that also. What you are saying can very well become a reality, someone from future can indeed come and visit us someday.

• I believe in the theory of relativity though at the moment I do not believe that time travel is possible due to the limitations of technology. Essentially it is just about perception and the fact that external factors can influence it. For example, if you stand close to a train you can only see part of it whereas if you stand further away you can see the entire thing. It is kind of like that with time, namely that it is influenced by space much in the same way that our perception of the train is influenced by our distance from it. The main force is gravity, which "slows" down time. This is why harnessing the speed of light could be the key to unlocking time travel.

• O it exists you can look at really old photo's from like the 20s-40s and if you look closely in some of them you'll see people wearing pieces of clothing, accessories or having technology that hasn't been invented yet.

And do you seriously think someone from the future would actually come out and say they were a time traveler? I mean seriously.

• Why would they not, it's a thing to brag about.

• Dude.. you should watch doraemon...

• I'll check it out.

• If time travel was possible in future, don't you think someone from the future might have tried to visit us?

Maybe it IS possible but we go extinct before we have a chance to invent a time machine.

• Lol, what a silly question. Humans are not supposed to time travel. It is pretty hard to know whether one's actions actually altered time or whether events happened apart from intervention. I don't know whether time travel makes sense to others or not, and honestly, maybe someone has traveled from a future into a past we know, think about all the people locked up into insane asylums/nuthouses and the like.

• I was robot sent back from 2069 to marry your dad and make him cheat on your mom so there's that fgit

• Time travel to the future has been proven possible I think, but traveling to the past remains questionable. Probably why we have 0 visitors from the future. Another reason could be that every time you time travel you create an alternate timeline so we wouldn't know if they traveled back in time because they're in another timeline. Don't take my word for it though, I get my information from youtube videos lol.

• you mean in another parallel universe? Another timeline makes no sense.

• Yea a parallel universe

• Parallel universe can be one explanation,
      maybe people from future came and they tried to tell us, but that all happened in another instance, so we in this instance don't have any clue about it. In that parallel instance maybe we already have time machine.

But million no. of such instances can be created and when they need to travel back to future, they'll end up in their own instance which means, whatever changes they made in past, did not reflect in that instance. That would be pretty useless.

• it's possible (not like in movies but still...), just not technically doable for us yet

• No, I do not believe in time travel.

• What if we are the ones most ahead right now?

But yes I do, I came back from time to share my opinion to this before I go

• If I could time travel, I wouldn't visit us...

• Nope