Who is the more Famous Artist Michael Jackson or Elvis Presley?

Elvis Presley Who is the more Famous Artist Michael Jackson or Elvis Presley?

Michael Jackson

• Elvis Presley
  • Michael Jackson
  • Tie
MJ taking the lead, however this site seems to be full of mostly a younger demographic , take with a large grain of salt I guess

Most Helpful Guy

• MIchael Jackson is clearly more famous. At least in Asia.

Elvis and Michael both may be equally famous in west but if you go somewhere in rural area of any Asian country you'll find people who knows Michael Jackson. Same can not be said for Elvis. In cities people may know Elvis but his songs are not popular. Michael's songs are. It's probably same in African countries.

My uncle who has never heard any English language song has heard Michael Jackson. I can find many people like him
    My grandma, she's 80+ and she doesn't know many local celebrities but she'd say "The guy who looks like girl." when you mention name 'Michael'. She hasn't heard any song (except when I play) but she knows him. I was surprised when I found out.

What Girls Said 5

• Michael Jacksons thriller album sold more than any of elvises albums. Michael Jacksons dances were learned world wide and still are, and Michael Jackson made more money and composed most of his songs and broke a lot more records. His death broke worldwide news and media tributes a lot more, and even Evis would agree that M. J definitely Rose to be more famous. Sorry Elvis, but facts are facts.

• Probably Michael Jackson.

• Michael

• michael jackson, I've never listened to Elvis

• Mike takes the crown.

What Guys Said 12

• Everyone knows who they are but since I grew up with MJ, I'm going to be biased. MJ all the way!

• I'd say Michael Jackson is known to more people alive today but if you went back the the 1970's it was Elvis.

So it's a generational thing but Elvis will always be the King. As in just the king whereas Michael Jackson will always be the king OF pop.

• How do you judge that? I used to work in the music industry and a question I am often asked is who is the most famous person you've met? And I just don't know how to judge that.

• Of course Elvis. He's the king of rock n roll. He changed music with heart break hotel. Ignore the ones who were too young. They barely knew Jackson never mind elvis. Nobody in their day n age is anywhere near as big as those 2 were

• MJ for sure

• Elvis could do no wrong. EVERYONE loved him. Not so with Jacko Wacko

• interesting question. both.

but wacko didn't eat fried peanut butter sandwiches, nor weighed 400 pounds.

• MJ's probably more famous, but both were talented singers.

• I think elvis personally
    Mj is huge sure but nothing like elvis in his prime

• I also wanna point out that all the people saying mj are all young and unless you really know elvis your gonna hear a lot more about mj nowa days especially since he recently passed away
      my list of popularity would prob be beatles >elvis> mj

• michael presley

• Name was might be close to ties, 20 years ago Elvis was more famous, better music was always Michael and now Michael has more staying power.

• Of course it's the first bad boy of rock; the one who set the rules for the ones he opened the doors for how to act.

Just like I pretty much stated in your other spam question

• Spam? Someone in the previous question suggested I do a Poll so I did.