What are some good, scary horror movies that are not too gory?

I'm mostly into movies about the paranormal rather than slasher or torture films. I'm wondering if there are any good ones people can recommend.

Most Helpful Girl

• My = my usual indie horror-suspense faves

*Greystone Park
    *Coherence
    *The Woman
    *A Serbian Film
    *May
    *All The Boys Love Many Lane
    *Dream House
    *Martyrs
    *Yellow Brick Road

What Guys Said 9

• The Shining, of course, though you've probably seen it.

• CLASSIC brilliance!!! :)

• (raising. empty. champagne. flute ) xo:)

• Salute!

• There used to be like 12 "idiot kids bring cameras to the abandoned asylum overnight" movies on Netflix but they're mostly gone now. I liked the Grave Encounters ones. Devil mostly takes place in an elevator, but that's more suspense than horror. Oculus is alright. Apartment 143 is decent. A couple of the Paranormal Activity ones are ok but slow. The Ring, The Grudge, The Ward, The Fog, The Mirror.

• Salems Lot - vampire movie. very scary back in the day

• Dont know, never found horro movies to be scary, probably the only one to give me creeps is the grudge, mostly because if i remember right it is based on true events in japan. Well JU-ON grudge is an American adapation. The shinning is a good one, cheesy but good.

• Twilight

• justin bieber - never say never
    tommy wiseau's "the room"

• IT FOLLOWS

• I enjoyed that one. It's the anticipation of it coming that really gets you.

• the babadook, the fourth kind, sunshine, europa report, just off the top of my head right now that are not gory. Although I definitly prefer gory films, there are a lot of good ones that are not.

• you should watch "the green inferno" your gonna love it babe

What Girls Said 5

• Asian horror can be a good resource. I really liked the conjuring, the insidious movies, the orphan, orphan, Thirteen Ghosts, House on Haunted Hill, Hill House, event horizon...

I'll come back with more if I think of any.

• the mist is one of my favorite movies it has some gore but its main focus is on whats inside the mist and surviving it.

my opinion you kinda loosen the genre of movies if you avoid a movie due to gore i find a lot of the best movies have gore its what makes it scary in my opinion

• Im fine with a little gore. I guess I just don't like the ones that are over the top with it or just use gore to carry a movie. I want to feel chills and fear, not a feeling that I need to puke during the movie.

• The Blair Witch Project

• Salad fingers

• Orphan and The Grudge are really good.