What do you think of today's music?

Most Helpful Girl

• today's music on the radio is shit; there's still good music out there today but you gotta dig deep to find it since it's not mainstream

Most Helpful Guy

• There is good music out there, but I detest a lot of the music that is considered popular nowadays. Popular music is getting more and more artificial in my opinion and is becoming industrially produced, repetitive nonsense.

It is becoming also less about the music and more about the artist-- whether that be as a statement, fashion icon, sex icon, or whatnot. Heck, the music itself has become a statement (it's just kind of like beats headphones. Beats are not that great of headphones for the price but people pay hundreds of dollars to wear it partially for a fashion statement/brand name). As a result, the music itself suffers.

Before it seems like I'm trying to be all special-snowflake and say "I wish I was born in the 90s," I like today's music the best actually. The mainstream stuff from the 90s in my opinion was better than the mainstream stuff nowadays, but I like the modern progressive metal that has developed. The bands I tend to listen to are from within the last 5 years.

What Girls Said 5

• I have a greater love for older music, but it's probably because it's what I grew up around.

Red Hot Chili Peppers is my favorite, I lived for Prince and Michael Jackson.

I hate when people try to compare today's music to those artists, though. It's like comparing apples and oranges. So much has changed in the music industry as well as the commercial taste of comsumers. I do like some of today's artistsmarket The Weeknd is one of my favorites, but I like what he did before he got popular and went for a more commercial sound.

Female artists are a little iffy for me, because it gets so redundant after a while. Belt, get naked and dance, repeat. I wish there was more raw talent. (It does exist, I'm not saying it doesn't.)

• Terrible for the most part

• I love it!!

• I think a lot of it sucks. A lot of today's music is about drugs, guns, "fucking bitches", and etc.

• Most of the main stream radio stuff is awful

What Guys Said 9

• I like reggaeton Latin music and EDM soo today is a great time to live music-wise

• Pftt I don't listen to anything past the neo-lithic ere back then they banged rocks together with a real passion not like all this post B. C. commercialist shit

• Not really a fan overall to be honest with ya.

• Some good, some bad, some "ehh"...

• 10% great, 90% shit, same as it's always been since music existed.

• There's the occasional good song but we need to purge the radio. Seriously. It's ONLY pop

• I think most of it sucks

• I used to like hip hop but I don't really like most of the stuff that's coming out these days (trap or whatever it is). I'm actually liking general pop etc I hear on the radio more than I used to.

• put sum respeck on it nigga