Would you consider Hollywood actress, Jane Fonda to be a hero or a traitor to the US during the Vietnam War?

A lot of people not only remembered Jane for some of her classic movies during the 1960s, she was also remembered for her very liberal views (being anti-war and all) and somewhat siding with the Vietcongs and visiting them in their country during the Vietnam War, which enraged a lot of American military veterans. Even up to this day, it seems as though they still hate Jane Fonda for that, along with some of our current military service members.

Would you consider Hollywood actress, Jane Fonda to be a hero or a traitor to the US during the Vietnam War?

• Hero
    17% (1)11% (1)13% (2)Vote
  • Traitor
    50% (3)44% (4)47% (7)Vote
  • Others
    33% (2)45% (4)40% (6)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
2|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Hanoi Jane did not just visit North Viet Nam. She toured all over there and had her picture taken for publication supporting her propaganda against the American effort. She broadcasted propaganda from North Viet Nam to attempt to demoralize American servicemen.

NVA colonel Bui Tin stated that Jane was "essential to our strategy. Support of the war from our rear was completely secure while the American rear was vulnerable. Every day our leadership would listen to world news over the radio to follow the growth of the American antiwar movement. Visits to Hanoi by people like Jane Fonda, and former Attorney General Ramsey Clark and ministers gave us confidence that we should hold on in the face of battlefield reverses."

She later spent many years denying much of what she did, calling them lies. Finally, sixteen years after her "visit", she admitted to former American POWs and their families that she regretted the pain she caused them. Few accepted her apology. Yet in a 2005 interview with CBS, Fonda reiterated that she had no regrets about her trip to North Vietnam in 1972.
    i.telegraph.co.uk/.../Fonda_Vietnam_3171436b.jpg
    Many of the photos of her were taken close to the "Hanoi Hilton" while American servicemen were being tortured there.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• No. She is just visiting. Not the ones who killed and sever children's heads or rape and burned the mylai town there. How is that a crime?

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither. She was just doing what she believed in, and she didn't hurt anyone or cause any deaths to our country in the process, so I think that's fine. We're allowed to hold different views in the US and express them - it's a right. If you're against a war, you don't have to pretend you aren't.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• She's not AS BAD as a lot of people make her out to be. The NVA set her up with that photo she has next to the north soldiers on a tank. She didn't willingly mean to be part of their propaganda. She's done some other stupid things but I don't think she's a traitor. They just blind sided her with the thing that made her notorious.

0|0
    0|0
  • She should be put in front of a firing squad for treason. Commie bitch.

0|0
    0|0