Game of Thrones: worth it to watch?

So it seems like both here and on my Facebook page I keep seeing things related to Game of Thrones. I've never watched it myself, nor do I even know where to find the episodes for free anyway, which led me to this question:

Is it a good show?

Mind you, I only really know there's a guy named Jon Snow and the whole "Winter is coming" tag line thing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Game of Thrones grew to be popular because the writer takes great care to set up characters and, without overmuch warning, "delete" them from the story in a dramatic fashions, leaving many potential (and highly exciting) plot threads blowing in the wind.

Basically, its like getting excited because your birthday is in an hour or two and you're so fully of expectation that you can't sit still. You wonder about the people that're going to be there, the type of cake you'll get, the presents you'll receive, and the fun after-party later with those you really care about.

... only, the people you didn't expect (and possibly don't like) are the only ones that show up, the cake tastes bland, the presents are nick-knacks from the local Dollar General, and the after-party's a no-go because some dick laced the cake's icing with laxative and ipecac as a joke. Also, someone ordered a stripper to the party in a tasteless attempt to living the mood, one that apparently is working their way through acting college and who likes to recite exposition from novels while taking off their clothes.

And the worst part is that it happens to characters you really grow to like (or like to hate) and it makes the whole experience bittersweet at best. But its very addicting to see just how bad the figurative car-crash can get.

• Oh wow I really love your explanation. Thanks for the input! :)

• Its a good show, to be sure. But keep in mind that the "But that's how its SUPPOSED to go..." mindset will only piss you off in the end. Good people tend to die horribly, bad people tend to win at life, and the whole cycle of [X] vs. [Y] is essentially pointless and stupid because the Lovecraftian nightmare [Z] is coming to slaughter everyone while they bicker over stupid shit.

Essentially, its a medieval-fantasy analogy for human behavior in a crisis situation against an "existential threat" (like a tidal wave, or a meteor strike, or a hurricane, etc.):

Some people argue for no reason. Some people fight for no reason. Some people fuck for no reason. Some people hide from any and all conflict. Some people hoard food and others starve accordingly. Some people try to be heroes and get knives in the back for their efforts from the guys trying to fuck over everyone else. And in the mean time, the waters keep on rising as the whole ship sinks into the ocean.

• yo! this shit was fucking hilarious :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Not to me. I tried watching it twice. Only got to episode 5 the first time before I started falling asleep. I found it really dull, to say the least. My friends nagged me to give it another try, assuring me that it'd get better after the first season once they'd laid down all the groundwork. So I rewatched it starting from the first episode and could only get to the eight before I finally gave up. I just really could not get into it. It did start picking up then, but I just couldn't believe it took them that long to get there. And even then, it wasn't really all that exciting either. I really don't understand all the hype about it. I've seen tons of other TV series that didn't need that much time to at least pique my interest and convince me to keep on watching.

What Guys Said 30

• Haha well if you love sex, incest, rape, murder, political murder, the demon spawn of Justin Bieber, assassinations, espionage, torture, war, medieval times, magic, zombie children and zombie and frozen skeleton/zombie/ice people and a war for the most uncomfortable throne ever and main characters that die like flies and you quite literally never know who is going to die then it's for you !

But yes it is a good show.

• im guessing it is since everybody n they mama keeps talking about it

series-cravings.me/watch-game-of-thrones-online-3

• 1|1
  • I have tried to watch it but always keep losing the motivation to continue.

Here is what I can say about it:
    - it has an amazing production quality. Sets and costumes are really good
    - if your intellect is at the same. level. as myself, it will take you some repeated takes to understand the names and the relationships between characters.
    - I almost feels. like soft porn at timea so be mindful of that
    - the biggest factor that keeps me away... It will start getting these fantasy characters. If you are not into fantasy, big NO NO.

Anyway, happy watching.

• Its not for everybody. I got into it because I'm fascinated by midevil Europe - and although, there are some aspects of fantasy, a lot of the show is a great insight to everyday life during that time period.

I got tired of watching modern dramas with the same scenarios repeated over and over again. Its all they really have on T. V. Game of Thrones is just another drama - the only difference is the time period - which is why it provides a nice change for once.

• Yeah watch it, just don't get to like any characters, because they WILL die a horrible death at some point.

• Wow... Um if you like lots of mind games midgets dragons killing

Wolves more killing invasions
    Sex more killing a war or two more dragons weird stone creatures and red headed witches that give birth to smoke baby's then game of thrones is your kind of show

There's actually a lot more to it and it is an awesome show and I can't wait for all the seasons to finish and come out in a box set so I can have it on my shelf next to all of my other epic memorabilia

• go to rainiertamayo website. It has every episode for free. No downloads or any crap like that.

It's good but you'll be confused at first figuring out all who everyone is.

• yes its worth it, if just for the fact that given its popularity, a lot of pop culture references come from it these days, and its good to be a little in the know with those sort of things if you want to better relate with people. You can watch it for free from primewire. ag. i love the show personally. probably my favourite tv series of all time

• It is. It is worth trying for anyone with any kind of preference in shows.

• Its kind of creepy and depressing most of it. I only like watching the blond Queen and her people

• not really my thing but it's one of the most popular shows right now... so most people will say yes. just give it a try and see for yourself.

• Most definitely. I was very skeptical at first and now it's one of my favorite shows. It's worth it to watch just for Tyrion. Favorite character ever.

• Yea you'd hate some dude all throughout the show but would end up liking him because he was actually good one lol

• Look love I thought it will just be another normal tv show but when I started it the past week I realised I wasn't living before YOU MUST WATCH IT and of course see no spoilers , hear no spoilers and speak no spoilers

• Its about medieval setring. Suoerntural elements. War, sex violence etc. Nit for the faint hearted. Thwre are aome rwally cool characters though. But they tend to get killed off unfortunately.

• Theon Greyjoy turns out to be a woman. thats basically her entire story. but other than that, really good show.

• TBH i was totally against it for along time i thought it would be some soap opera love story kinda crap but i have to say its one of the best shows ever lucky you getting to watch it all for the fist time hrs of goodness

• time better spent watching quality movies.

• It's in my top 3 series of all time, and I barely know anyone that doesn't love it. Highly recommend!

• HBO has a lot of better shows to watch, some are on that same night I think.

• Yes its very good! probably the best thing i've seen on TV in my entire life

• What's it about?

By the way, your recent question sparked mine :P

• It's a medieval fantasy show about a fictional land called Westeros and about noble families warring it out over who gets to rule over whom. There's a lot of political intrigue drama... LOTS of death... you really have no idea who will live throughout the show. In the first season, someone you thought was the main character dies. So anything can happen which is probably why lots of people like it. Keeps you guessing and on your toes.

Lots of brutality and sex as well being on HBO and all.

• Huh, that sounds pretty awesome actually!

• Love it!

• we are on the six season lol,

start watching already! its amazing

• I found it fairly dull. Long-drown attention seeking with over-the-top violence and nakedness.

• is the pope catholic?

• Story is gripping and unpredictable.
    War, sex, power, dignity, fantasy blah blah blah.
    Anyone can die at any moment.
    Amazing visuals.
    None of the character is pure black or white; various shades of grey. More than 50. You will love one character at a moment and then hate it or you will hate one character and start to love it or you will keep swinging between love and hate.
    Compared to other shows the amount of violence and sex is little more.

I wasn't interested in show but last year I tried it out just because it was popular and I was forced to watch it with friends. I didn't like first half of first season but eventually it got a lot better and I watched remaining 5 seasons in just a week!
    If you don't like beginning then I recommend you to try at least up to episode 7 or 8 of first season.

• Honestly, no, but it's enjoyable for the average lowbrow.

• yeah watch it. i like it and i hate crap like that. like the lord of the rings sorta shows movies.

• No. It's a lame TV series, and the books are even worse.

Other than the opening credits and a good quote from Tyrion Lannister (this happens once every 8 episodes!) there is no point to watch unless you just like thoughtlessly hopping on Facebook bandwagons.

Your run of the mill fantasy trash, but now with more creepy perv shit.

What Girls Said 8

• no I never given that show a chance! lol

• To be honest the reason why I start to watch this was people around. Everyone was talking about it. I said ok i am gonna try.
    The story is ok. Acting is ok. Everything is all right. But the work behind this serie is amazing. It is shot in three countries at the same time. They built a whole village to shoot it. So many people are working in it. And the shooting quality is almost better than many films. It is just amazing how much effort they put it. And now story gets more exciting so it keeps me going. ;)

• After season 2 they started to be really different from the books. After the 5th season I stopped watching but I might start again.

I seriously need to read the books though.

• ok you can watch it if you have xfinity and you have HBO all the episodes on there free to watch is you are subscribed to HBO
    and ya game of thrones is amazing i thought id hate it but fucking jesus is it good, fuckin jon Snow is the sexiest son of a bitch out there
    tyrion is the coolest fuckin character ever an you get factions to like for yourself im a wall obsessed girl so Jon Snow For ever but tyrion is my number 2

• yess, its so worth it. u can watch it all of www.watchseries.li

• I quit watching that show a while back so to me, no

• YES! Is so good. It's a very unpredictable show, I love it!

• It's a great show, and you should totally get into it. It's has fantasy, violence, sex, and a good story line. I don't get HBO so i usually just watch it on Putlocker ( i'd link it but im not high enough on here to do tht)