Recommend a book?

If you'd have to recommend a book to read... without any preconditions and independent of that persons personal taste and everything... what would you recommend to read?

Maybe tell us in a short sentence why and what it's about :)

I guess reading is out...

Most Helpful Girl

• I just reread Oscar Wilde's Picture of Dorian Gray, it's amazingly well written & such a classic!
    I also love Neil Gaiman's books - e. g. The Ocean at the End of the Lane & American Gods, he's just a brilliant author.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wuthering heights

What Girls Said 15

• A Small Corner of Hell :Dispatches from Chechnya
    by Anna Politovskaya

This was the last book i read

Anna Politovskaya was a Russian journalist who risked her life by entering into the war torn country of Chechnya. She openly exposed the atrocities towards the Chechen people at the hands of the Russians. . She was a voice for the Chechen people. Sadly , she was assassinated in Moscow on October 7, 2006.

It may not appeal to everyone , but it opened my eyes to the abuse of human rights in the Northern Caucasus.. which we rarely hear about

• joyce meyers do yourself a favor and forgive.
    I am a Christian and this is a Christian book but this is a book that has really touched me and opened my eyes to see that my anger and my unforgiveness is really not hurting them but myself. It has really helped me to be more at peace with myself.

• When You Are Engulfed In Flames by David Sedaris
    ecx.images-amazon.com/.../..._BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    “We were not a hugging people. In terms of emotional comfort it was our belief that no amount of physical contact could match the healing powers of a well made cocktail.”

it's non-fiction and a comedy/memoir about Sedaris' life and he's the funniest author i've ever read :D

• whoops i meant "naked by david sedaris" i was gonna write about when you are engulfed in flames but that should be read after naked

• Recently read The Last Night of the Earth Poems by Charles Bukowski..
    Not for everyone.. I loved it though. Reflecting on his life, Bukowski's crassness and overall drunken debauchery and promiscuity, his past, his definition of what being a writer means and of literature, as well as death/immorality, is portrayed through the poems.

Here is "Bluebird":
    there's a bluebird in my heart that
    wants to get out
    but I'm too tough for him,
    I say, stay in there, I'm not going
    to let anybody see
    you.
    there's a bluebird in my heart that
    wants to get out
    but I pour whiskey on him and inhale
    cigarette smoke
    and the whores and the bartenders
    and the grocery clerks
    never know that
    he's
    in there.

there's a bluebird in my heart that
    wants to get out
    but I'm too tough for him,
    I say,
    stay down, do you want to mess
    me up?
    you want to screw up the
    works?
    you want to blow my book sales in
    Europe?
    there's a bluebird in my heart that
    wants to get out
    but I'm too clever, I only let him out
    at night sometimes
    when everybody's asleep.
    I say, I know that you're there,
    so don't be
    sad.
    then I put him back,
    but he's singing a little
    in there, I haven't quite let him
    die
    and we sleep together like
    that
    with our
    secret pact
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

• Six of Crows. A bickering group of young thieves break into the world's most well-defended prison to break out a prisoner who can decide the world's political fate. Plus - magic :P

• -The mist by stephen king (creatures)
    -the lake by richard laymon (a serial killer)
    -kiss of the bees and day of the dead by J. A. Jance (a serial killer+kidnapper)
    -Harry Potter series by JK Rowling (wizards obv)
    --Dust and decay + rot and ruin by Jonathan Mayberry (zombies)
    -from what i remember by Stacy kramer (losing memory)

• I personally love Robin Cook's books. Try Toxin (if you're interested in medicine, this would definitely get your attention).

Torey hayden... Writes true stories about child psychology. Many of them are absolutely horrors and heart wrenching.

• The grapes of wrath. It's simply a masterpiece

• A song of Ice and Fire (aka Game of Thrones book)

• Fahrenheit 451

• I need to read smthng too. So I am just here for the answers 😂

• I liked The Hunger Games books.

• 1984 by George Orwell. It's simply a masterpiece.

• I recommend anything by James Patterson

• Revival by Stephen King. I just recently finished this book and the story line was just really fascinating. His writing style is kind of disturbing and the story was about life, death, and miracles. The moral of the story is that people enter our lives intentionally to give us what we need; and even if we say goodbye you never know when that person will show up coincidentally. It follows the life of a Christian boy and his priest. I want to read more of his books.

What Guys Said 7

• One of the weirdest books I have read is "Fortunately, the milk," by Niel Gaiman. It's a book about time travel and breakfast cereal. It's very goofy and has a clever story.

• sixth extinction

you would like it.

• Shadow of the Dragon by Sherri Garland, the inheritance quadrilogy by Christopher Paolini

• Sorry dorgot the short sentence, Shadow of the Dragon is about a teenager named Danny, who came to the US in the 80s with his family to escape the Nam war and concentration camps, his cousin after many years in a concentration camp comes over and ends up mixed in a Vietnamese gang, but he is hard working, danny secretly dates this blond girl whos brother is in a skin head gang and things escalate quickly, it also shows Dannys cousin struggling to fit into the American customs and way of life and learn English and more. The ending has a huge shocker. Id explain better but i dont want to give up the plot or much else in the book

• As for Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr and Inheritance by Christopher, it is about a young man who comes across a large stone only to find out it is a dragon egg. His life is forever changed when it hatches for him and he is forced to decide to join the tyrannically evil king galbatorix or join the varden and fight against the super powerful galbatorix as the only dragon rideragain id explain more but dont want to spoil it

• The parfum, history of a murderer written by suskind

Great book!

• I love reading books about history including wars. I never really cared for fiction.

• Can it be a graphic because I recommend All New All Different Avengers The Magnificent Seven

• I recommend Quickbooks 15th edition. It is about using Quickbooks software.