What did you think about "The Force Awakens"?

• I loved it! Good story. Good characters. Diversity! And it had practical effects!
  • It was ok I guess.
  • I don't know.
  • I didn't like it. Bad storywriting. Out of place characters. And some of the acting was just weird.
  • Star Wars is dead. Jar Jar Abrams killed it with his dumb pc fanfiction.

Most Helpful Guy

• It was highly dumbed down and infantalised for the new upcoming generation in order to appeal the new trilogy and further films to a younger audience = it sucked.

What Girls Said 9

• It was good but seemed a lot like the first movie

• I actually loved it. I loved the effects, I loved the scenery, I loved the development of older characters and the introductions of the new characters. I thought that it was awesome and I'm really excited for the next ones :)

• I would marry Kylo Ren. Let's just put it that way.

• Why? He's a whiny brat with the appearence of a neanderthal or cro magnon of some sort.
      He would be a lousy husband and a lousy father.

• @EnoughEffingOwls Severus Snape was a beautiful man.

• Severus Snape was an emotionally repressed mess. But I guess that's what girls want.

• Cool movie, one of the best sequels, what can I say, I love it.

• It is the only sequel.

• Yeah but there were to sequels in the original trilogy and two sequels in the prequel trilogy.

• Fair point. I stand corrected.

• I like it a lot, fantastic movie.

• Loved it. My favorite Star Wars I think.

• What would you say stood out about this one compared to the others? Or what made it better?

• @Levin I was being sarcastic about the Halloween thing lol. Yes I loved Rey. And you know me too well, Finn was my absolute favorite of the movie. 😍

• Yeah. Finn was funny as hell=) It was a good comedy.

• I was never into Star Wars until I was dragged to the cinema to see this... and I loved it!

• Haven't seen it.

• At first, when it first came out I was excited. A week after, I was still excited for it. A few months later and I can't even remember what happened.
    All I really remember is thinking Kylo Ren must've gotten light saber lessons from Roxas.

What Guys Said 33

• I think it was alright, though it lacked a certain feeling that I usually get watching star wars. I don't really know how to describe it. I really hated that planet laser gun that swallowed the sun, I thought that was retarded and kind of killed the movie.

I do like that there is a female main character, and I do like that there are a lot of characters that can grow to become something greater.

I hated the way they portrayed snook, is that his name, the big tall guy that the enemies looked up to in that dark chamber? Why the hell was he so big, couldn't he have done it over the old style communication consol? I'm not sure I really like the young sith with the three peg lightsabre, that looks like it comes from medieval times. And I didn't really like his lughtsaber, it should have looked different, more sci-fi rather than human made. And then there is a 'new order' but hey use stormtrooper uniforms for the grunt soldiers? Why lol, invent something new, or use the old clone based storm troopers. It was a decent movie, but parts of it are either odd or just lack that star wars feel.

• As far as I am concerned this isn't really star wars. Star wars was the story of Anakin Skywalker and this is the story of Mary Sue. It is the same universe but certainly not the same series.

It was an ok watch, if very uninspired, but nothing more. And I am obviously a star wars fan to begin with.

• The fans loved it, the critics loved it

I personally hated it. Well not hate but nothing that really got me excited. Nothing significant. Nothing dangerous and powerful. The force seemed weak.

Kylo was way too whiny and a pretty bad dark side apprentice

Just an alright movie for the most the part. Id give it a 75% maybe 80%

• It mediocre. The movie followed the same, boring formula that Disney has been using for Marvel movies (which are also bland), taking no risks nor venturing out to invent new storylines. I didn't like it, and I don't consider it a Star Wars movie. It's it's own thing.

• It was a new hope. It may have called back to the originals and overall was a very good film... but I watched the originals days before. It was the same story as a new hope. I found myself disappointed on the lack of original plot.

That said I'm fairly sure it was a setup film to bring more fans in. I enjoyed it. Was probably built up to much in my head to live up to overall expectations.

• And the Sith Lord was a joke. Beat by someone who had no training at all.,,

• The crowed that turned up because it was star wars would have turned up either way. I do think there should have been more of a story. I assume why Han left will come up (or at least HOW he left) in the next few films. It could have taken the place of the whole monster smuggler thing that seemed to add nothing plot wise.

So yes. Fan service was way over done.

• I wouldn't bet on it. The reason why Han left was pretty much described in the movie. I don't think they'll tell us how Lukes lightsaber ended up in that box either. It will simply remain a story for another time.

• Kylo Ren was actually decent, couldn't fight for shit though which I though was weird. Rey was too much, like LOOK AT OUR FEMALE PROTAGONIST OMG SHE'S SO AMAZING AND CAPABLE AND INDEPENDENT. Unless it turns out she's a prodigal student of Luke with amnesia then she is just over the top. Even if something like that is the case, then it's still bad writing as a standalone film.

She won the fight with Kylo, like wtf? Luke got his ass handed to him by Vader the first time and had his hand lopped off. He had to grow and comeback and win the day. Rey just straight up won against Kylo, learning a bunch of force powers on the fly. That was bullshit.

• I think it just shows how Kylo isn't as powerful as he thinks he is. I think Rey inherited Luke and Vader's skills and power more then Kylo did. plus she is the daughter of a Jedi and Kylo is the grandson of Darth Vader.

• @EnoughEffingOwls Interesting theory. But I did see Kylo Ren stop a laser blast in mid air. I have never seen anything like it in the Star Wars universe. And I am/was a huge fan of Star Wars. And considering the blast hadn't lost any of its velocity or momentum when released, it actually appears as if he stopped time itself in that very spot.

That makes me see him as possibly one of the most powerful force users in the history of Star Wars. And then he went down like a whiny bitch.

• I accidentally hit the wrong answer. But I meant to say the characters were out of place. They made Finn a nerd. If he was a battle hardened badass, I could accept it. That, and Kylo Ren was a whiny little brat. Rey is cute and all, but how'd she become an overnight Jedi when it took Luke years?

• I guess he was a bit of a coward, if that's what you meant by nerdy. It bothered me a bit that he was emotionally upset about a comrade dying at the beginning, but and only moments later he's blasting and stabbing his lifelong buddies away like there's no tomorrow.

• It was just ok. Not better than any of the rest of them. It should be called Social Justice Wars the Farce Awakens.

• the worlds seemed too small, in my opinion. And a lot of it was a bit goofy - I guess that's not really a criticism, just an unexpected shift from the normal 'tone' of star wars.

• I thought it was good, but I'll always think "This is what they killed the expanded universe for?" when I see it. They could have at least tried to make an original story.

• Story and screenplay is ok.

I still prefer to see Jacen and Jaina Solo though. :(

• I voted B. It was very good but I think less of it as it's essentially "Star Wars: A New Hope Again".

• Han Solo's death was hilarious. #edgycunt

• I thought it was okay. I thought the story was pretty basic. Nothing stood out to me like the first three movies.

• Amazing!!!

• I thought it was unbelievably predictable. I knew what was giing to happen at least 2 minutes beforehand.

I thought the characters were totally predictable and the actors were like zombies.

• I loved it, great beginning of the third trilogy.

• OMG I hashtag hated it it was all like we're gonna empower women in this and then and then I was all like no way that's totally not cool ! 😜

Math kidding aside was a nice movie thought it was a little slow story wise in some parts for my taste but all and all pretty good movie 👍😬

• Really? I thought the pacing was too fast. It was like they were speeding the story and the dialog because they were worried they wouldn't have time to finish the movie.
      It's was like " We gotta hurry! The end credits are coming!"

• Yeah in some parts I do agree with you there but I mean more in the way of the overall character development compared to the story pace in a sense the story did feel like it out paced the characters

• Hayden Christensen killed it. Abrams just beat a dead horse.

• I haven't seen it yet

• Copy paste from the original trilogy.

• It was alright. But it's just the rehashed writing made it suck more.

• I loved it, but, looking back, it seems like a remake of A New Hope.

• It was pretty much A New Hope's remake. I liked it the first time, I like it now.

• I loved it. Beats all three prequels by a mile (though that isn't much of a challenge).

• It was kinda a repeat of Episode IV... IMHO.

• it was a remake of episode 4. It was pretty much the same plot

• I really loved it.

• Damn fucking nice I loved it

• I voted A, though really I think I'd say 'it was pretty good'

I liked Finn a lot, I like how he's on a 'will be like Han solo' bluffing his way and being smooth trajectory, but he doesn't quite know what he's doing yet.

The villains were mainly interesting. Some they didn't do much with, but there's time. I'm not bothered by emo kylo ren, i think it's better done then say anakin's fall was.

• Christensen was a very stiff actor and Adam Driver is clearly superior. But I think Anakin's fall made much more sense.

• Anakins fall sort of makes sense. We actually haven't seen why Ben fell... Only him struggling to fully carry out his turn.

Anakins reasoning was sound but then it was just sudden 'okay time to wipe out the younglings'

• His eyes were red. He didn't need a reason :)

• More from Guys
    3