Why do people say that Game of Thrones has a lot of sex and nudity?

I've watched every episode, and to be honest, it's actually pretty tame. There's really not that much nudity and sex--especially not as much as there is made out to be. Where did this myth come from that Game of Thrones is chalked-full of sex?

Most Helpful Girl

• for the first few seasons people were more vocal about it because there weren't a lot of tv shows at the time being so brazen about topless women and full frontal male nudity. And a lot of people thought they were displaying nudity for the sake of nudity, especially after the scene where two girls were going at it while Littlefinger was delivering a huge monologue about his childhood lol.
    Now people don't care as much because I think the show has toned it down a little, plus more shows are following their example.

Most Helpful Guy

• TV comparison.
    You have to understand the difference between PG13 and R can simply be saying "fuck" 7 times over the course of a 3 hour movie.
    What's normal nudity for TV shows is far far far lower. And sex scenes on most shows are limited. Saying "the episode they had sex" actually means something lol. On GoT if you said that, you'd ask which season and episode lol

What Girls Said 14

• I dunno, dude. In the first 4 seasons, apparently 31/40 episodes contained nudity which isn't really that tame.

• Because compared to other TV shows, it does. The first couple of seasons are full of sex. Hell in the first episode alone you see Tyrion doing like five prostitutes in an orgy, and near the end you see Danaerys getting fucked (actually raped) doggy style by Drogo. And the violence... holy shit. Have you seen the Red Wedding episode yet? There's a reason why it's called the red wedding.

If that stuff is tame to you, what kind of things do you watch on TV? It's tame compared to hardcore porn. 😂

• It's HBO bro, not Porn Hub. For a cable TV series, it is pretty high on nudity and sexual content, and not only that, incest.

Anyway, I'm still twitching over your grammatical error. I try not to be a grammar nazi, but that one grates on me. LOL.

http://grammarist.com/usage/chock-full/

• lol do u live on a nudist colony?

• I don't think Game of Thrones is tame. I'm currently reading the first book and I have a feeling the series is going to be just as graphic as the books. My cousin watches it and she told me it has tons of nudity when I told her I wanted to get into it. All of the content reviews I've read warn that Game of Thrones is only for mature adults because of graphic violence, language, and sex scenes with full frontal nudity. It's an adult oriented fantasy. I am really loving the characters and the adventure in Game of Thrones.

• Series 1-3 is FULL of sex. Especially all the scenes in Little Fingers brothel.

• There were some scenes, but they were quick and take.

• It's not full blown porn, I wouldn't say that but it's pretty sexual. All the brothel scenes have been pretty sexualised.

• i've watched all episodes , except for the last ones and i do think it has a fair amount of sex and nudity lol specially the first season but the show is freaking awesome, so i dont care haha

• The first season had the most nudity but over time that's calmed down some.

• I think Spartacus may be way worse lol

• Its a dick farm on that show

• Umm... You wanna explain this sir? 😏😏😏 @omar5881 😏😏😏

• Game of thrones is porn m8

• If you want more, go watch porn. It has enough.

• They are not used to see it natural sensuality but other than perversion.

What Guys Said 13

• I think they mean that compared to most shows it has an above average amount of nudity. They not trying to say its equivalent to porn.

• I wouldn't say there's a whole lot of nudity overall throughout the entire series but there are quite a few scenes of it and there is a lot of sex in it especially in the first season. But I mean it's a good show regardless.

• compared to regular porn, it's pretty tame. compared to regular tv shows like Justified or whatever, it's heavy.

• I've seen at least three dicks on that show.

• Because the original episodes had a ton before they were forced to remake them and put less of those scenes in them

• Have you made it to the Red Wedding yet?

• well did you see 1 season? I remember that hot girl was raped by some old man. I dont know names since I stoped watched it cause after that, the show got boring. And there was a scene when she was completely nude before bathing and her brother was there and saw her naked.

• Its quite tame... Compared to actual porn.

• @XNicholeMariex3 said the show is "acceptable porn".

• Because there is, I am disappointed that first two episodes this season had almost 0 nudity though.

• Tame?
    GOT has more tits than softcore tv porn after midnight.

• The myth most probably came from some parents, then other parents watched it and so on until some parent wrote a blog about it and BAM !!!

• There used to be more in the earlier episodes.