Do you follow the Eurovision Contest?

If so who do you think should win this year? I think it should be France!

• What is Eurovision? Never heard of it.
  • I know about it but never watched it/ not interested
  • Yes I follow/watch it.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• My family and most in my country watches it religiously every year lol. Sweden never shuts up about the Eurovision cause we've won quite a lot of times. 😅
    That being said Eurovision is taking place in my country this year 💁🏽🇸🇪👏🏽👏🏽
    And I always root for my country or any Scandinavian one 🙌🏽 of course.

What Guys Said 11

• Yeah i watch it a little not seriously though. The best thing ever on it was actually the half-time show in '94, the Irish riverdancing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mC0rWgUqTc

Ukraine's song "Wild dance" in '04 is the only actual entry i can remember lmao.

• yes I do... and now even more because my best friends is a huge fan of it lol so he forces me to watch pretty much everything about it xD

I'm rooting for Cyprus this year
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8LcNrqiIFE

there are many good ones compared to the last years

• OMG I saw this guy on The Voice France haha!!! And yeah this one is good too!!!

• Hha I'll probably just let it run on TV :p

• yeah I'll do it with the semi finals the same :P

• I try to every year, since 2010, but it's hard to watch in America. Plus they email me about the new season kinda late. I am so jealous. Wish you hadn't have brought it up, lol.

• Yeah i Like it and the Netherlands woll win, Douwe Bob is such an amazing singer and has a great song

• Europe gay af

• Never heard of it. Aren't you from France? Biased much? 😛

• Eurovision has been turned into a freak show. I would not waste my time.

• nope and i don' t care about it

• Nah, not my type of music.

• Definitely not. Someone must have shit on his/her ears to follow this stupid contest. It gives European people a really bad name, and someone who's not from there would only think Europeans have shitty taste in music.

Not to mention they always send the most useless artists every time. Especially the UK. There are tons of great artists coming from UK, but having a look here you will notice they send the shittiest ones:

en.wikipedia.org/.../United_Kingdom_in_the_Eurovision_Song_Contest

Most of them as you can see are totally unknown.

Like in 1981 there were so many great artists from there in both Rock and Electronic scenes, and they sent Buck Fizz. Who? A shitty vocal pop band.

Notice no serious artist ever participates in this contest. And the dominant genre there is shitty vocal pop.

So yeah FUCK Eurovision Contest. It's a serious crime against music.

• its probably just some God damn bizzare EU socialist program to not get europeans interested on whats happening in the real world..

What Girls Said 14

• Of course there's always a lot of fuss about it :)! I love watching it and have since I was a kid. Every year we hope to go to the final which doesn't happen most of the time :(.

• I watched it when I saw conchinta winning the contest. It's happening this upcoming weekend isn't it? I might have a looky here and there

• I only know 1 thing about Eurovision and it's because I love this group that came on it. ^^
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AfrOZersNk

• I watched it once, but I don't follow it.

• I know of it, but don't follow it.

• Yeah i do, i haven't checked up on the other countries songs though so I'm looking forward to hearing them when the show begins

• I didn't know they started yet? I'm always for my own country, purely out of nationalism haha, go Netherlands!

• never heard of it

• Not really, I used to follow when I was younger though.
    The songs are always pretty much all the same and no one votes based on actual music, it's all about the countries.

• I think Australia should win dami im has some powerful vocals.

• I have heard of it but I do not follow it. I only heard of it because of the epic sax guy

• Not interested in it.

• I used to watch it, but not this year. That singer is pretty good tho

• I watch it but the majority of time i doesn't like the song