Why are movies so inaccurate with the way romance happens?

Like it always seems like the woman initiates sex or is the more dominant sexual figure. And the sex is always short where it lasts like a minute or two. and the girl seems satisifed by that. Its never actually accurate to what actually happens. And besides i like it better when women are submissive.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because it's not real
    They always make one night stands turn into relationship on TV when we all know in reality it never ends up like that

Most Helpful Guy

• Ya gotta love the sex on the show 'Vikings'. Brutal people who live increadablly violent lives, aggressive as hell etc, but when it comes to sex it's all lovey-dovey, passionate, sensual and 'beautiful'. I call bullshit! It would have been most likely just like everything else in their lives- brutal, just hardcore fucking. No missionary, no holding hands, no tender kisses- just wham-bamb-hope we both survive this- and thank you shield maiden!

And why is everybody's teeth so nice? I want to see haggard, yellow semi-toothless, grins that just speak rancid meat breath.
    But I guess the female viewers can't fall in love with a lead that's actually realistic: brutal, big 'British smile', lice & flea ridden homicidal maniac.

What Girls Said 1

• Most of those movies are written by men. Watch one by written by a woman it is far more accurate.

What Guys Said 3

• Movies are made to make money to begin with. It's all written and made up, and besides by making up shit that is unrealistic is generally more interesting than realistic shit. That's why movies that claim to be "Based on a True Story" is far from the actual "True" story.

It almost sounds as if you've been watching some kind of porno, and believe me those are definitely fake and does not even come close to reflecting what it actually is like in our reality when it comes to romance, sex, relationships, etc.

• I don't know if you know this, but movies are fantasies.
    Like how one man can take on a whole army by himself.
    Newflash: he can't. He'd get shot by the second guy, third guy if he's lucky.

• cuz it's more entertaining