Are you addicted to technology?

Are You Addicted to Technology?
In an age where technology consumes out lives, are you glued to your phone or computer 24/7? Do feel anxious when you can't check your text messages, Instagram or emails? Could you go an hour, day, or week without using technology?

• Yes! I can't live without it!
  • No, I know when to put it away.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes and no. I've already spent way too much time on this website, way more than I normally would have or should have.

I think I've already made my goals clear here. 2 TGIF cards to be redeemed and then I'm pretty much out for good, well maybe log on once per week after that.

As for everything else, I think It varies, I don't need to always have a smartphone with me, don't need a game console with me either, and I rarely watch any movies or TV until I have time for them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes - and no. ยจ

I do admit, I like being online and I love the fact, that I can "isolate" myself by going online, as I have a few mental disorders, where stress and feeling overwhelmed occurs more than ten times a day.

However, I can live without it easily. I'm not "hooked" or addicted, and most of the time I prefer not using electronic devices.

(Please pardon the grammar mistakes - English isn't my main)

What Guys Said 28

• Yes. Definitely.

I think I need to go live on like, a farm or something.

Hell, even doing that probably wouldn't really get me away from technology I bet.

• My phone is pretty much strapped to my hand , my food stays fresh because of the fridge , I have lights because of electricity , my clothes are woven in a factory and I get around town using a hunk of steel powered by dead plants and fossils.
    Let's pencil in a yes lol

• As a technology geek its a huge part of my life. I wouldn't call myself an addict its just the thing i enjoy most in life. But no i wouldn't want to life without it i'd loose contact with so many international friends and i would loose my job and favorite things to do.

• 66.media.tumblr.com/.../...sukZ8Q1rjx7h0o3_400.gif
    I'm too advanced to have an addiction!

• No one can live without technology. Technology doesn't just mean electronics. Made a knife out of bone? Technology. Made a fire with the old cub-scout two sticks and a vine? Technology. Taking technology away from humans is like taking the teeth out of a coyote.

• my name is legalboxers, and Im addicted to technology, I got 4 Iphones (inactive) 3 desktops, 2 laptops, and 2 GPSes..

• I use a lot of technologie and always need the newest stuff... but I don't feel anxious or anything else if I can't access it for some time. probably just bored

• nah... i'm famous for being notoriously difficult to reach.

often i'll forget my phone and just say "oh well, guess i'll listen to the radio then"

• I went a little over a month without a phone and I was fine other than the fact that it was hard keeping in contact with friends.

• Decided to go on 60 day cold turkey with all social media, 15 days in I can already say it has truly been beneficial in a multitude of ways.

• I'm too connected that I'm watching YouTube on my phone and I'm looking for my phone, while playing PS4.

• How do you even define such a thing? Even the simple lightbulb is technology so integrated into our lives we think nothing of it.

• nope

• Only if it makes me closer to you babe

• OMG yes, no way I could live without my Computer and Tablet.

• Only some kinds.

• Semi addicted.

• yes I've gone months without technology
    so i doubt im addicted

• No problem. I was born in the 80's. I know how to live.

• I'm allowed to use technology for the next two days only. I'm banned from using technology because I was having too much of an impact on humanity through League of Legends.

• Is a hammer an iphone?

• Can't live without my Xbox one.

• It's convenient to have a computer in your pocket though

• I love technology but I am not addicted to it. I think it is more an issue of families growing apart. When everyone lives alone, or works different hours than their partner, it isn't like they can always play board games with each other to entertain themselves or seek out the companionship they need from other sources easily. So i think people use technology to fill that void, more than it having to do with them being addicted.

• ye labbop

• My career sort of requires me to, which in retrospect was an odd choice given me generally apathy towards it.

Electrical engineer.

• years I AM

• It's hard to live without it.

What Girls Said 11

• Yes! I can't live without it!

• I will survive just fine without my phone, tablet, computer, and Internet. I will probably spend even more time reading and do a lot of cooking. Then again I live on a farm.

• no, i have to use my computer for work which is why i'm always on it. i haven't seen my phone for a few days

• Being on electronics reduces my anxiety temporarily, so I use them a lot, but I will put it away when I need to.

• I don't use my phone at work but I'm always on it out side of work because I run my business off my phone so I always have to be connected. Which is also a down fall of all this technology

• Lol ya

• Not really, I can go without it for awhile. I just choose not to.

• Sure.. My ipod, computer n phone

• Not my cells = HATE, but definitely my laptops + ipad + ipod.

• I would say not. I still have an old Samsung flip phone & am only just now updating from windows XP to something newer.

• I don't like technology I only use it because I have to