Frozen: Gay or Nay?

Lately many people are believing Frozen has strong homosexual/gay themes, and there is even a campaign online to convince Disney to give Elsa, the Queen with ice powers, a girlfriend instead of a male romantic interest. What are your views? (I know this because all my young cousins love Frozen, I myself am rather taken with the film and so decided to look into the controversies surrounding it today).

• Frozen is about being gay, and I support Elsa getting a girlfriend in the sequel
  • Frozen isn't about being gay, but I do support Elsa getting a girlfriend in the sequel
  • Frozen isn't about being gay, and I don't support Elsa getting a girlfriend in the sequel
  • Frozen is about being gay, but I don't want Elsa to have a girlfriend in the sequel
  • Frozen is just a kid's movie about a magic ice girl and her sisterly love for her younger sister. People are blowing this out of proportion.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think these people need to get a life and stop obsessing over cartoons. but I will say this we shouldn't be teaching children that homosexuality is normal or acceptable. And, we shouldn't really be teaching kids about sex through Disney movies.

These movies are supposed to be innocent and for children, so stop obsessing over them and just let them be what they are innocent movies about princes and princess for children and stop blowing the whole thing out of proportion, ga damn.

What Guys Said 10

• Disney can do what they want, no doubt, but we shouldn't be teaching children that homosexuality is normal or acceptable. Heck, we shouldn't really be teaching kids about sex. That can wait till they're teens. I never even got the talk directly, and I turned out OK.

• Literally, same. Never had the talk, learned about it other ways, and I'm alright. :)

• Who gives a fuck? People should stop searching for some deeper meaning and just enjoy shit this days.

• I strongly disliked Frozen. It really made me mad when people dared say that it was better than Lion King like wtf?

• No. I love animals, and Lion King was fantastic. I like Frozen a lot (Idina Menzel is what makes it in my opinion) but it doesn't compare to a classic like LK.

• E, its like you took the words right from my head

• if it ain't broke don't fix it

• haven't seen it yet
    but it could be true

• "To see what isn't there, what greater gift is there?"

• Elsa is all about the dick!

• elsa doesn't seem to care about guys just like many girls her age, she has her ice powers to keep her busy

• SJW have ruined disney. It's supposed to be kids movies not fucking propaganda. It's their movie and to push for the character to have one thing destroys the art of the entire piece. Plus when kids see all these activists pressuring and bullying companies to give them what they want they'll grow up just bullying and pushing anyone around to get what they want. If trying to make Frozen 2 about lesbians to teach kids to accept lesbians then SJW actually need to think about the indirect effects of their actions. Because kids will pick up on those and it will turn them into bullying assholes.

What Girls Said 11

• this is so ridiculous. disney creates a movie with no prince at the end and everyone goes fucking ballistic.

THEY ARE SISTERS DAMMIT. Elsa is an independent white woman who don't need no man or woman! -.-

• I personally believe Elsa should remain a single queen.

• I never felt that Frozen is gay at all. It's simply a family/fantasy movie about the close family bond between two sisters.

• I concur. That's why I was confused when I heard my cousins (older ones, about 12 and 13) talking about the gay theme of frozen. Hence why I looked into it a bit.

• Again, I agree. I was wondering if I was just blind or if the so-called themes weren't there at all lol

• The "themes" refer to Elsa's disinterest in men and "let it go" has been made into a "coming out " song. Don't think it was made to be that way but I don't think it's wrong that people have seen themselves in Elsa.

• I don't think it was disneys intention for Elsa to be seen as a lesbian icon and I think we need to remember that kids just love it for is music and fun scenes. HOWEVER I think that since it has resonated with so many in a powerful way , Disney would be fools to not 1) leave Elsa single or 2) give her a girlfriend (or at least a close relationship to a girl) I think the timing for this change in Disney culture is perfect and who knows... There may be a little girl out there who idolizes Elsa and seeing her be gay might make her feel confident enough to come out one day. Your move Disney

• I don't think they will. It's a heavily controversial issue, and even though they allegedly went as far as to insert a gay character in Oaken's Sauna (I have no clue, I don't remember much of the movie), to blatantly make her gay might cause backlash from non-supporters, or else bring conflict between opposing fronts. Disney doesn't care about that sort of thing, they're a corporation looking to make money, and in the end will just do whatever to get people to bring their kids to theater to see the film. Considering a study my teacher mentioned once regarding the issue (I think it was Williams Institute but I may be wrong) 3.8% of Americans identify as something other than heterosexual. If Disney finds marketing Elsa as a lesbian won't gain support (they might have to take a risk there, because the masses aren't very predictable) they won't do it, nor will they do it if it will cause tremendous controversy.

Overall, not to say anything against or for making Elsa gay. I'm just saying,

• based on the fact that they are a corporation wanting to milk a cash cow, they'll do whatever to make money and avoid conflict. It's unlikely they'll do it unless they're guaranteed to profit from it.

• It's E. It's a kids movie that people are blowing out of proportion. It's only the adult fans who want this even though they aren't even the target audience.

• Keep Frozen a sisters film

• 1|1
  • It's a fucking kids movie people need to grow up i swear

• Let it go.

• Why do people want else to be gay so bad?