Is Call of Duty dead?

Is Call of Duty dead?

After years at the topspot Call of Duty's reign may be coming to an end. Fans are tired of the generic future fps crap. Props to Battlefield for creating the World's First WWI fps. It was an ambitious move but it looks damn good.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thank god it's coming to an end. To me it's just boring and not much of a weapon difference.

Most Helpful Guy

• Call of Duty has been dead for years, from an artistic point of view, it still sells because of its name, not because of its quality as a video game.
    Battlefield on the other hand, they've done more, they always try to better themselves. Sure, they fucked up with Hardline, but they realized it and listened to the fans and look what they have on their hands for this year.
    People are getting tired of modern warfare, and DICE listened. Call of Duty is getting even worse going all out in the future. It doesn't seem there's an essence in CoD. If you look at the trailer, you can confuse it with Destiny or Titanfall (I know they're not exactly the same, but my point is that there's nothing unique that when you look at it you say "oh, that's CoD", unlike with Battlefield).

I'm glad Battlefield is going back in time to one of the worst wars in history. WW1 was more violent than WW2, but it's barely even touched in games, so I'm glad they decided to take the risk and have the balls to change.
    I'm super excited for BF1, I have high hopes, so I hope it doesn't disappoint.

What Girls Said 3

• from someone whom i talk to in the industry (he makes ads periodically for games and a lot of other well known content) he says it probably is. But his claim has always been that the community is just too toxic and the rehashing of content.

• Pretty much people say COD is old and expired ://

• CoD has been dead for years. They just didn't know it til now. Mw3 was prob the last playable addition to the series, but then they made a a short interactive movie starring Kevin Spacy and it should've been over but for some reason it's not.

What Guys Said 15

• I heard COD Infinite Warfare is going to be Single Player ONLY.

I'm actually MORE interested in Single Player Campaigns and Custom Game Mods than that of Competitive Multiplayer games, as I've long stopped and avoided online multiplayer games since I find them to be more repetitive and at times even downright frustrating and annoying. Even co-op doesn't turn out well since not everyone is truly a team player and working together with strangers you don't even know personally online rarely ever really works out, and since I have no one to play with locally I rather just stick with Single Player campaigns now.

Therefore I might get COD Infinite War solely because it's different compared to other COD games previously released in which it is exclusively a Single Player ONLY COD games and since I rather be playing and exploring a Single Player campaign. But in general, I never really bothered to keep up with the COD series.

I'm more of a PC gamer by the way. I do own a PS3 but as I've stated before I don't play or care about multiplayer, and especially if it's any type of competitive multiplayer mode which is almost always the only multiplayer options available in all FPS type of games.

• Call of Duty was dead to me after it killed Halo. Everyone switched to CoD. Halo still was somewhat solid, but man they beat CoD with a dead horse. How many of them are there? Like 2 per year or something. That's just simply ridiculous. As for whether or not it's dead dead, I hope so.

• CoD is generic but it appealed to the console crowd. People don't want to shell out 1k+ for a gaming PC that only last for 3-ish years. Battlefield is for more hardcore PC crowd. These guys have enough cash to burn for exceptional graphics and probably host a server or 2 for 64+ players map.

As consoles start losing its steam to the speed of technology development, mobile platform, online retailers and the resurgence of PC gaming that follows the wake of MMOs and indie games, you start seeing the fall in generic games.

Activision, however, has a buddy called Blizzard. StarCraft and Diabolo franchises are still going strong and they managed to develop their own markets. They are strictly PC games, however. If Activision wants to revive their CoD brand, they will need to please the PC crowd and these people are really picky.

• You have to look at this from an objective standpoint:

CoD is far from "dead". It's still the most popular FPS franchise ever, FAR more popular than Battlefield

MW2 was my all time Favorite CoD and I liked WaW. It went downhill from there and I didn't play any after MW3. They fucked up the Zombie mode.

Still though, it's popular

I don't use the Youtube likes and dislikes as any evidence, because CoD is also the most hated FPS. It has BY FAR the most haters of any other franchise. Why? Because haters gonna hate. People are mad that CoD does far better than Halo and boyfriend, so they just go to CoD videos and dislike it

How do I know? Because that's ALL YOU SEE on ANY Cod videos. boyfriend and sometimes Halo fanboys leaving CoD sucks comments all over it

Like, even in the boyfriend trailer comments, all you see is hate comments about CoD. You NEVER see the reverse. It's like how every country likes to insult America and Americans, yet you don't see Americans going on about how shitty French people are... Haters gonna hate

The Betas insult the Alphas. The Alpha knows its Alpha

I preferred Battlefield 4 over CoD and I know I'm gonna buy boyfriend 1 and most likely will skip the next CoD as well. I played BO3 and Zombies suck again... I don't want whips and nae naes anywhere near my FPS. But CoD remains the most popular FPS Franchise, far more than boyfriend is

The name alone will sell more than boyfriend, whether or not the game is actually good. A shift this big won't happen in one game

• Cod 4 and World at War were the ones I liked the most. They kinda went downhill from there.

This is another game I'm kinda excited for in addition to Battlefield...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwT7DJLHAKQ

• Call of duty has been dead for a long time my friend.

As for it being an ambitious move ehh not really, people have been calling for more games revolving around the world wars but with modern graphics for a long time now. I am personally excited for it, it looks good and it'll be a refreshing change of pace.

• Battlefield has always been better than CoD. CoD just sold more because it appealed to the the average console gamer.

People have been asking for a return to the world wars with modern gameplay physics for ages. I can't wait.

• Call of duty dead? Lol you gotta be kidding

Black ops 3 was just released last year and its one of the best selling games of the year.

This year call of duty is beinf released with MW 1. Again this will sell like hot cakes

Not even close to dead. Battlefield does look good though

• I'm actually looking forward to the new Infinite Warfare game. It might be the Star Wars: Battlefront I was always hoping for.

• Yes, Call of Duty is dead. Now more than ever.
    I can't find matches on Black Ops 2 anymore, only TDM and FFA.

Sad because I loved it!

• Man, fuck Battlefield. I ain't got time to be holding a flag for 3 hours... not anymore.
    Gimme quick ten minute matches I can play before the kids wake up.

• I kind of hate call of duty. I haven't hardly played black ops 3 because it's so bad. I will buy the new cod only for the remastered version of call of duty 4

• hypocrisy means that many of those downvotes will preorder it

• battlefield clearly beat call of duty's ass

• I've never liked Call of Duty. I liked the originals on the PS2, and that was it.