Are you more of a Boxing fan or Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fan when it comes to fighting/combat sports?

• BoxingAre you more of a Boxing fan or Mixed Martial Arts(MMA) fan when it comes to fighting/combat sports?
  • Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)Are you more of a Boxing fan or Mixed Martial Arts(MMA) fan when it comes to fighting/combat sports?
  • Why can we be fans of both?
  • Others
Why *can't* we be fans of both?

Most Helpful Girl

• Both. Actually I think I prefer MMA, but I've been working on my hands right now so I've just been more focused on that recently

What Girls Said 3

• Between the two, I prefer MMA. But in general kick-boxing is my favourite out of all of them.

• MMA is my favorite, but I like boxing too.

• I have taken kick boxing lessons for over 4 years, it's probably boxing for me.

What Guys Said 19

• Boxing deaths: 56 or something
    UFC deaths: 0

MMA is simply the better sport. It requires a wider array of skills; it's more variable, and it requires more skill and technique. People make the argument that

UFC is just dudes laying on top of each other, but they do the same shit in boxing. Leaning on the ropes and hugging. Stamina has to be recovered. That shit is hard. In a 3 minute wrestling match, one expends the amount of energy running a mile in 6 minutes. Or something like that. I forget what my wrestling coach said in high school. A lot. And even then, there are better knockouts, as well. MMA is just better in all areas.

• i prefer boxing but it pretty much sucks in this era. so mma has become more interesting.

• mixed hands down.

• I'd have to say MMA, simply because boxing limits you rather than unlocking the full potential. But I don't like rules in martial arts, other than "don't kill", since it makes it.. fake? which I guess any sport featuring combat would be anyway.

• Boxing, because I grew up with it. I grew up watching the greats such as Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, Oscar Dela Hoya, Roy Jones Jr., James Toney, Bernard Hopkins, msnny Pacquio, Floyd Mayweather Jr., and many many more.

I'm not a fan of MMA at all. I actually think it's kind of trashy actually.

• Boxing man over here big time

• I like both but I prefer MMA

• I like boxing and used to Box but as a sport its become stale and fighters are over managed not to mention the fact that their are too many titles so its hard to know who's the champion of the world. I like MMA because the fights are not as fixed and because no mattter whoyou are or how good you might be anything can literally happen and there's no such thing as a sure victory.

• I voted C. Realistically I started with MMA, then moved more to boxing. But I can appreciate and enjoy both, and a great well matched fight in one beats a dull fight in the other easily.

• I can't stand mma. Tried to get into it years back but it bored me shitless. I've always loved boxing. Hitman hearns time in tbe middleweight division was one of the best eras of boxing. Superb fighters were ten a penny. Hagler, duran, sugar ray

• I prefer MMA, I do like boxing too but MMA is way more well run and more enjoyable to watch.

• mma is 10000x better

• MMA is a more realistic fight situation.

• Boxing is more enjoyable too watch on tv. (Imo) mma is more like rl fighting, more realistic. more useable. Kyokushinkai. So i prefer mma.

• I did some military MMA back in the good old days lol

• Not really a big fan of either but from a martial arts point of view MMA is much better.

• I enjoy watching boxing more. MMA use to be good back in the 1990s. It's pretty much a joke now.

• The one thing pissing me off about MMA in today's era at the moment is the whole Ronda Rousey and Connor McGregor overhype fiasco. Although boxing was at it's lows from the past decade and a couple of years, it seems to be slowly heading in the right direction right now with Al Haymon finally monopolizing boxing as more organized sport with his organization and making his own world champion belts of each weight division, Premier Boxing Champions and even better, making his fights free to watch on TV.

• I'm a huge fan of both. Hard to choose.

• COnor mcggregor