What's the best book or book series you have read?

I'm a huge fan of reading all sorts of books and I'm looking for new recommendations. My personal favourites are the "Kingkiller Chronicles" by Patrick Rothfuss and the "Wheel of Time" series by Robert Jordan. I definitely prefer fantasy over other genres.

Most Helpful Guy

• The Raymond Feist books, specifically the Midkemia books.

I'm actually on book 13 of Wheel of Time now. I like Feist much better. I also like Tad Williams, Katherine Kerr, and some others better. WoT just got way too long and there were too many things done for convenience rather than how people would normally act. One more book to go with WoT - finally almost done.

I also like the Robin Hobb books except for one thing. She treats all her protagonists like shit. But otherwise she's a good writer and story teller.

The Modesett Imager books seem to be pretty good. He's a different style of writing than others. I'm waiting for that series to be finished.

Most Helpful Girl

• At them moment mine is Game of Thrones lol

What Guys Said 15

• If you like scifi at all, I recommend "Pandora Star" and its sequel "Judas Unchained" by Peter F Hamilton.

My very favorite books. Huge worlds, hundreds of characters, complex story, very fascinating.

If you prefer fantasy? Read Thomas Covenant. Can't recommend that enough. First and second trilogy. Haven't read all 4 books in his (joking labeled) "last trilogy" of the series, so don't know if I can recommend those.

• I just got into this series from some guy's recommendation, the Temeraire series and it's actually really interesting. It's also fantasy which I saw you like but also mixed with a historical aspect because it takes place during the Napoleonic wars and it's about dragons! But one of my all time favourites would be the Seven Realms trilogy. Really interesting and a great read in general

• Live by night
    The last day in earth ( Arabic book )
    And when I catch up with game of thrones I will watch a song of ice and fire

• Art of War
    Book of Five Rings
    Spanish Still Life of the Golden Age 1600-1650
    Baroque and Rococo
    Napoleon's Wars An International History 1803-1815
    Bible, King James translation

• The true story of Nicky Cruz Run baby run a former gang guy in NY city turned Christian

• Harvard Business Review

• The Enders Game series. It's more of science fiction than fantasy though.

• 'Atlas Shrugged', because it changed my life.

• I don't really read books in series. The kinda books I love reading are like global or US history, wars etc...

• Conan the barbarian book series.. it was pretty dope.

• Chronicles of Narnia

• I like porno books!

• For me, the best series is Gabriel Allon Series by Daniel Silva and James Bond series By Ian Fleming

• Yeah I don't read actual books I only read comic books

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• I'd recommend you the Red Rising series. It seems like something that you'd enjoy based on that! It's a fantasy series where basically humans live in space and everyone is divided into a class system based on colour - e. g. Reds are the lowest class and work in mines, Golds are the highest class and are the champions of the species - and the Reds realise how awfully they're being treated and rebel. I can't really say much because I don't wanna give too much away? But it's a book that's amazingly well written and it can be emotionally devastating and then hilarious and it's just one of the most beautiful series I've read recently!

• It's hard for me to pick which are the best, I love all kinds of books in several genres, and many of them are as great as the others just in different ways, but if you're looking for Fantasy here are my favorites:

- The First Law series by Joe Abercrombie (Abercrombie has a more dark humor and violent/adult style, I would start with his First Law trilogy but the spinoff books are good too)
    - Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson (I think he's started another trilogy in the same world as well)
    - Stardust by Neil Gaiman (fantasy/sci-fi)
    - Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
    - A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin (of course haha)

Also, no fantasy book list of mine is complete without The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien. :)

• First, is your username a reference to game of thrones? Also i wrote a my take on this.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a24063-books-i-highly-recommend

• for fantasy i loved "the girl of fire and thorns" i think you'll love it

p. s are u a game of thrones fan?

• The Unwind trilogy. Awesome set of books.

Shattering Glass by Gail Giles was really good, too. So was Deadline by Chris Crutcher and mostly anything by Laurie Halse Anderson.

• Watership down

• One heartbeat away by Mark Cahill great book, I've ordered so many of this book to give to people.

• Lisa Mcmann " Wake " ^^ or Carlo Frabetti Dark tales

• The vampire chronic
    The Harry Potter series
    The cirque du freak series

• fantasy suggestion is... inheritance cycle it's about dragons :D

• the picture of dorian gray
    the book thief
    everything from david mitchell