Any popular books or movies that you hate but everyone else seems to love?

Mine are "The Fault in our Stars" (or anything by John Green) and "The Notebook". For the latter, I've only seen the movie, but I'm 99% sure the book is equally horrendous.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not a fan of Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan. His other series beside Percy Jackson and the Olympians were not very good either.
    He made the Greek and Roman God's and Goddesses unbelievable with how they acted. They were too child like to be Immortals.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hated fifty shades, I felt it glorified abusive relationships. I love reading books but I hate romance novels, to me they 99% of them follow the same formula. You're not missing anything by not reading The Notebook or anything by Nicholas Sparks, his books are very formulaic.

• Here is an article from one of my favorite sites, with someone who actually is a domme ripping 50 shades to shreds for be an abusive relationship and not proper bdsm
      www.cracked.com/...ong-about-bdsm-from-expert.html

• @Waffles731 hmm okay I guess that makes sense. Of course it would be my first choice

• As someone with mental disorders, I'm fully of the opinion that the best treatment is the one that actually works for you

What Guys Said 41

• The problem is that books are ALWAYS better then the movie. Very rare do you find a movie that stays very true to the book. But even if it does, there is so much more that they need to leave out.
    The absolute worst case is "Battlefield Earth".
    the movie actually made a lot of money even though it is considered a flop.
    But the book is one of the best books I have ever read (well I have the 45 hour audiobook). But the movie has absolutely nothing to do with the book other then a few names.
    Harry Potter was another example of just a tremendous book series but the movies all just sucked.

• Independence Day and Armageddon are two that come to mind. The stories of both (but ID in particular) are absolutely awful, the science is less accurate than an Anime movie, and everything is so over-the-top cliche'd and one-dimensional.

No surprise that they're Jerry Bruckheimer/Michael Bay movies.

Oh, and speaking of Bay, you also need to add Transformers to the list. Just awful!

• 50 shades and twilight.

Honestly, liking 50 shades is immediate deal breaker.

• "or anything by John Green"

http://replygif.net/i/1043.gif

• Divergent

Well lots of people hate it and lots love it.

• Objectively the story makes no sense and the ending is garbage. The only thing divergent is proof of is bad taste.

• You could say that the people who like it and who hate it have... Divergent views. 😎

• @Mesonfielde yeah, I think Honest Trailers made the point that basically Tris (however the fuck it's spelled) just has... multiple traits. Like any normal person.

• Fifty shades of grey and twilight. I tried reading the first chapter of the book Fifty Shades of Grey and. got. bored with it quickly

• Avatar... never even seen it.. and at this point, don't want to... there was such a big hype around it.. freaking disgusting for some blue animated characters...

• I was the same. Dont buy into hype. there's a difference between quality and over marketed hype. I watched it though and tbh honest, even though i was cynical as hell, i loved it.

• @bluenose1872 haah, I've also heard that before..

I'll take it into count, but still inclined not ti

• I wasn't at all impressed with the hunger games franchise. It seemed like an interesting idea, as usual my demand for logic sought out and amplified every plot hole to the point I found myself really hating the whole thing. Lazy writing has ruined many a film and this was no exception.

• I can't stand twilight movies, also the sharknado movies everyone seems to love that crap but I can't stomach it

• let me rephrase, I don't have a problem with the gore, I cant' stand the pure stupidity in those movies

• In fairness, people like Sharknado BECAUSE it's terrible.

• Written on the Body, Loose Woman, The Laramie Project, and all of the other boring postmodern liberal books that my English professors assign.

• My ex made me watch twighlight. What a load of bollocks that was. Second gayest looking vampire i ever seen next to brad pitt in some vampire film in the 90s

• Interview with the Vampire :P

• Because Twilight is horrible, and I don't see why anyone would make their partner suffer through it :p

• @Mesonfielde fair enough. Gotta give n take in a relationship. Right enough i dont remember her sitting through anything i liked. Selfish cow.

• harry potter. i dont hate it but i never liked it and i neve watched it either

• Friday Night Lights, movie and tv show were both excellent.

But I thought the book was really dull and boring. I made about 1/3 way into it and just had to stop

• i hate attack on titan but everyone seems to love it i can't get into the story not because people are dying but because the story is kinda fucking terrible

• Harry Potter

• I am with you on that one @Melcart23! Not sure what the hype was.

• @oldanddecrepid seriously. I can remember sitting down in school listening to the other kids talking about Harry Potter. I was always so confused as to what was so cool about it. Lol

• twilight..

• Harry Potter Obsession for film and novels. I hate it especially all the ones after the third installment

• Yes, most of them lol.

• The Lion King

HORRIBLE movie.

• y would anyone willingly go see a movie about a girl dying of cancer.

that's not enjoyable.

• I don't like Game of Thrones.

• Yes titanic and the notebook people say they are romantic they are THE SHITTIEST MOVIES EVER MADE

• I thought Ready Player One was a steaming pile of shit, but a lot of people seemed to like it.

• Titanic and Star wars moving I never got it they sucked to me They were both awful.

• 50 Shades of Grey.

• I'm a fantasy fan that dislikes harry potter.
    I also find Interstellar to suck like a vacuum

• I only have read like one full book, Mocking bird or something in 8th grade baha

• 50 shades of grey, or am i wrong about this one?

• Space Jam

• Twilight.

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 39

• Oh my God, ENTIRE Marvel universe pandemonuim. Like... How many more movies/spin off's, shows or whatever can you make?
    And I agree with you on John Green, that man is just not talented :/
    And TFIOS is awful.
    Other than those two, Im pretty much okay with current state of teh affairs :)

• Minions, fault in our stars, hatedddd the notebook, The Great Gatsby pissed me off because of the music and dance that was so historically incorrect, whatever idea the director had about "looking to the future" or whatever that shit was I don't believe it, you just wanted more viewers. 🙄😑 Hated fifty shades of grey.

Don't read many English written books so can't say much about that. Gave up on twilight after the first chapter though😂

• I'm with you with The Fault of Our Stars
    Books:
    1) Memories by Lang Leav (I'm not a fan of poems)
    2) Eleanor and Park (this is overrated in my opinion)
    3) The Mortal Instruments (I don't get why people are obsessed with this series)

Movies:
    1) Tangled (it's too cliché for me)
    2) Frozen (need to explain?)
    3) 50 Shades of Grey

• Books: John Green anything... so bad. Looking for Alaska? Worst book EVER. 50 Shades... expected something so much more the way everyone was freaking out, it was nothing exciting. Outlander is the big one now and I can't get into it either.

Movies: Titanic, Dirty Dancing, an of the made to be funny movies like American Pie or Hang Over. I hate these

• Forrest Gump. I've just never enjoyed it.

• Anything by Jonathan Franzen. Can't get into Stephen King.

Movies, I have to interest in Transformers, Captain America, any of that superhero shit. Spider-Man was alright (the Tobey versions) but after that it was just loud and boring for me.

• Game of Thrones & Divergent.
    Rubbish.

• I don't have one.

• Twilight lol

• TFIOS yes I hate that book and the movie. Never seen the notebook.

Not really, i dont read many of the "popular" books or watch the "popular" movies and when i do i uslaly like or am indifferent to them.

• The Show Breaking Bad. I tried. I really tried. Could not get into it and really don't get what people loved so much about it. That said, both Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are amazing actors. Just the show itself did nothing for me.

• I detest twilight, the hunger games and divergent. By the way if you hate The Fault in our Starts because it's too romantic another one of his books that has less romance is an Abundance of Katherine's. I despise romance but that one actually made me laugh more than anything.

• Sinister. Hated that movie aaannddd Annabelle.
    I was so disappointed by that movie, it was terrible.
    But everyone else loved it.
    I also hate Tangled and was shocked with how much everyone loved A series of unfortunate events, the movie.
    I use to live those books as a kid and when the movie came out, I was just like, wtf did I just watch?

• twilight series, 50 shades of crap series, star trek, all the star wars movies except for the latest one.

• I hate Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey (which is Twilight fanfiction anyways) I've read all the books and I couldn't figure out what the fuss was. Someone recommended them to me. I've never seen the movies but I doubt they're better.

• The Notebook is definitely one.

• Fuck titanic. Least favorite movie of all time

• 50 shades of grey, I don't know what the hype about it is, it's a bit like the TV show True Blood

• Frozen. Honestly that movie was mediocre at best. Not hat good at all. I'm still baffled that people loved it so much, I feel like nothing happened in it. Also, I agree about he fault in our stars, it was only okay.

• Twilight, Hunger Games.. honestly anything thats been put out within the last 10 years.

• I don't hate Pulp Fiction but I do not like it either. Too much violence for my liking and it was just weird.

• The Fault In Our Stars, Divergent, Insurgent, Paper Towns

• don't like john green books either, the way he writes kinda disgusts me

• The Walking Dead, Divergent, The Mortal Instruments.

• Fucking Frozen

• Forrest Gump

• Twilight for sure sucked eggs... I watched every single movie of the series about 3 years late and I was so confused as to why is was popular. But I can't help but love the notebook though... I'm a sucker for a sad but happy reality ending.

• Twilight. Makes me want to gag

• Anything and everything Star Wars.

• never saw the hype over the Nicholas sparks books either. they are all cheesy love books.

• More from Girls
    9