Do girls really have to pay to attend public "party" events in the us?

here in italy pubs and other businesses and companies regularly organize big parties guys have to pay in order to attend but girls (for obvious reasons) don't. so some American girls asked me about an "event" given by a disco and they couldn't believe they could get in for free because just they were girls. isn't it this way in the us?

Updates:
*just because they were

0|0
2|5

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm pretty old but when i did actually go to clubs... sometimes women were free, sometimes both had to pay, in theory, but there was a lot of discretion at the door at busy clubs, in terms of who they let jump the line etc. Clubs aim to have around 60% women if they can - interestingly both men AND women seem to prefer it.

Unless they're the guys standing outside not getting in.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I hear some places do that as sort of a marketing strategy. Like if your pretty they let you in for free so that the club gets full of pretty girls and guys feel inclined to go there.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends. Some places say they get in for free until like 11. They are just doing that to get guys in there to buy drinks.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• sometimes they have that, some do it on like Tuesdays or whatever, some give discounts, some let girls cut, some only let dudes in if they have girls or more girls than guys, some clubs have bouncers that make bank by having guys wait out unless they give them some Jacksons on the low low. It depends where and what kinda club. You see that shit more in cities. Kinda suck, but hey, it works.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what's ratio in club, Sometimes they let dudes in cos there are way too many chicks to guys ratio and sometimes they let chicks in because of way too many guys to chicks ratio

0|0
    0|0
  • this is unbelievable sexist. i feel discriminated by those rules. if we have to pay, so should girls! or it should be free for us too, thats also acceptable! #genderequality #samerights

0|0
    0|0
    • i'd expect belgian parties to be rid of young women. what kind of lady would admit she'd pay to meet a bunch of guys?

• Show All
    • whoops i replied to the wrong opinion. sorry

• haha its alright XD

• what the fuck is that kind of discrimination against men? how the fuck is this eve legal? here in belgium women as well as men have to pay.

0|0
    0|0