If you could be any kind of Rock musician, what would you be?

If you could be any kind of Rock musician, what would you be? Id rather be the indie artist that puts out original music and his heart are in songs, and I'm a musician but haven't played in a while. I would have been in a band like The Fray or Coldplay

so you would be in a
heavy metal
alternative
classic Rock cover band
indie

what kind would you be or what kind you already are?

Or what kind you aspire to be? It doesn't nessesarily have to be rock music

Cool

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd probably wanna be in a glam metal band :P Maybe pirate or power metal after that.

• Wow that sounds interesting kinda like Bowie? Rip

• Nah, dude. Steel Panther is a modern satire band that basically just takes the piss out of old hair metal lifestyle:

steelpantherrocks.com/.../...166818857356707_o.jpg

The Darkness isn't that heavy either. They did a song called 'I believe in a thing called love' that's pretty famous:

netstorage.metrolyrics.com/.../darkness-blog2.jpg

None of them are really serious or heavy bands. Glam metal is more about being a little flamboyant and individual and rocking the hell out and not taking things so seriously than it is about darkness and spooky stuff :)

• Cool.. cool I'm gonna check them out.. they seem funny

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm actually currently a drummer in a blues band. However, I'm also beginning a group with a friend (and writing material for it) that is progressive metal. I'll be recording drums and bass while he does guitar and vocals. It will probably be just a low key thing with a youtube channel or something. Metal is my true passion to play/write tbh.

The genre would be prog metal, but we have a ton of metalcore influence between the two of us. That means it will probably have technically difficult instrument parts with more emotional lyrics and vocals.

We also try and stay away from things like auto-tune, flex time, and digital correction software. We are pretty big on, "play it until you get it right. If you can't get it right, you better practice until you can." Even if it isn't perfect, I figure it is better to be slightly imperfect-- it even gives a bit of character to the music.

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 8

• TBH I'd probably want to be a studio musician / session player. Not so much because I don't want to perform, but because I wouldn't want to go on a grueling tour. I don't think you can be very successful without touring except in the studio. I like traveling and it would be fun for a while, but not constantly going town-to-town for months straight. So I'll just sit in the studio, play groovy music, and collect my paycheck.

I'd like to play the blues, but I'd be open to most styles including non-rock.

• Punk rock something like Black Flag, skinny puppy, minor threat, or maybe Gwar or Danzig for something more rock less punk..

• I would do metal or goth

• Alternative/Progressive rock.

• A band similar to Against The Current they're more of a pop rock mix pbs.twimg.com/.../adOopnCh.jpg

• Basically Mick Jagger.

• The awesome kind

• Rock/Pop Mix, If I could bridge the gap between pop, rock, punk, and post grunge I would.