What do you think about this video targeting the over sexualization of women in the music industry?

It's very vulgar and disturbing, I was cringing most of the time, but it truly makes you realize how much women are over sexualized in the industry.
Nothing wrong with praising women and their beauty, but I think there are far more delicate and "poetic" ways to express it :/
The guys look ridiculous lol xD I think the video was poorly done though ><

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's horrible without even looking at it! But it at least D-bag nice give decent dudes a chance. Otherwise everyone is perfect and nice! It gets kinda humiliating to taste mud after the 374th time for some reason, so I say let men act as they do and I'll, perhaps find someone worth my time because of the norm being so F-ed up! chivalry is something best served for one own-self, so their BS is irrelevant to me. I will be who I am and unless they step on my feet, then have fun... when they step into my loved one's paths then they better be well prepared, aside from that the world if just all fine...

• Hahahahhahhahhahahahahahahahahaha! I did listen to it! that is fucking hilarious! I know you're probably to young to understand many of the references! but they are as funny as I could hope for! And I hate that kind of music! hahahhaa! I do see how you could consider the women being kinda used as objects, but hahhh... maybe a little bit, but they like the attention as much as he guyz! I'm a reasonable person, and I say that this genera of music is BS but the song with the subtitles is very funny! I'm sorry if I offend ya', tell me and I'll discus it w/you!

Most Helpful Girl

• All of buzz feed's videos make me cringe.
    horrible content.

What Guys Said 12

• Omg, that was awful xD I get the point they're trying to make, but my god, I wanted to slap those bitches (I can say bitches here, right? ;P ) and make them shut up. Holy shit that was awful.

Anyways, I agree women are sexualized in the music industry, but many female artists partake in the sexualization, and most women sing along to this lyrics, grind along to this lyrics, fuck along to this lyrics, so it doesn't seem to be much of a problem, right?

• Yeah I agree that they are don't need that video to tell you that, though ironically it's majorly part of the fact that women in that industry support it and encourage it by partaking in it. By being part of stereotypes, being in videos, dressing and acting a certain way etc.

• BuzzFeedYellow once again falling completely flat, failing in making a point about sexualization. That entire aspect of it is empty.

Taking it just as an entertainment piece, it was a little funny but mostly cringey. Some people really like cringey humor and I can't fault them for it but goddamn I can't stand it.

That said, I dare say that they should stick to the humor.

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rMqayQ-U74s

Altho this was Brittany's bod in prime, I only watch it for dudes dope pecs. #nohomo

• I really don't care if they're sexualized. You can sexualize men if you want I still won't care, but that won't sell as good. The video is cringeworthy because there's barely any background music. They're just trying to rap without any music and it sounds ridiculous.

• The music sucks, but that's because all hip-hop and crap music does. We need to stop glorifying and accepting this shit culture from a shit segment of our society.

• that was fucking horrid. buzzfeed people should be shot

• ugh... feels like those feminists are still stuck in the 90s...

• Obviously i know women are sexualized in music rap more than other genres
    But i dont listen to rap so i honestly have to ask... is it that bad? I mean they really sing about crap like that?

• Slavery is illegal, So they are over sexualizing themselves or willfully allowing themselves to be exploited.
    It's gross and pathetic in many cases, But what can you do.

• That was an act musical destruction!

• I fail to see the big deal. I'm certainly not offended nor give the slightest shit. Did they intentionally pick not so attractive guys for their videos because most real music picks attractive women.

There's a very recent song of a girl who's music video is basically her in the desert with a bunch of hot guys and she just uses them. I think that's a million times better rendition of the genders being reversed.

What Girls Said 9

• Interesting how they are basically rap/hip hip/pop music that says that kind of thing most of the time.

• funny video but if women in videos are sexualized... its because they accept to be

• Yes oversexualization makes me cringe. A lot of times when I see a sexy ad, I don't know what they're selling. And then I am confused when I find out its burgers or cars. But there's nothing wrong with praising the beauty of women.

• keri hilson turnin me on did a fine job of oersexualizing men :P

• As you said it's very vulgar, that's for sure. Over sexualization ruins a song. For instance Thong Song by Sisqo, I find the rhythm of that song good but I despise the lyrics, way too sexual.
    On a side note @ 1:28, it's "friends" not "frands", lol.

• it is true. i saw that and i found myself cringing at the video, but i don't cringer or have any emotion if i heard that in a rap song on the radio or something, so that says a lot.

• tf lmao

• It would have been better if it was the Try Guys and the Ladylike cast. Just saying...

• I like this one more, because it cuts right into it, so much truth, and it's more catchy lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0CazRHB0so