What are your thoughts about Playstation Neo?

It's a rumor about Sony making a PS 4.5 basically. That it might run 4K/UltraHD resolutions, but again Sony hasn't confirmed the existence of it.

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/76482/20160520/playstation-neo-rumor-console-production-price-sony-new-ps4.htm

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/sources-the-upgraded-playstation-4-is-codenamed-ne/1100-5437/

• Didn't know they were upgrading
  • Not sure if that's a good idea
  • HOLY SHIT IF THAT'S TRUE!
The rumors are that it might even come out at the end of this year. Seriously the hype for any kind of new info in this years E3 is going to be through the roof, yes there will also be an upgrade one for the Xbox too.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm it comes across as stopgap measure to break into the 4k gaming market. I'm not interested in that, i'll take a full developed PS any day.

Also it would mean dropping £3000 on a 4k TV... lol so yeah i'm going to wait for TV prices to come down too.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• It was expected, after they release the standard console model they release an upgrade later. First it was PS3 then PS3 slim xbox did the same thing

I'm still waiting for the upgraded xboxone (I've been waiting since release). I think they'll call it the xbox one two

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

• I'm excited about E3 this year and finally hearing what the NX will look and do.

• I hope it kicks both ps and xbox ass once it does come out. :D

• I second that, even if the fanboys would be up in arms about it. That would actually make things better for them

• Its a bad move in my opinion. The whole purpose of buying a console is not having to upgrade every 1-2 years.

• Rumors say it's due to AMD, that Sony had to make a choice. Either continue producing the ps4, so they would have to create a totally custom production line.

Or they would join AMD's new standards.

Which going with the first choice would have cost them A LOT.

• I heard about the rumors when it first came out. I was planning on getting it, but there are rumors that the Xbox Next is 6 times more powerful than the Neo! Supposedly, it's coming out next year!

• Just an attempt by sony to get their foot wet in the world of 4K hoping to win over PC gamers and beat Microsoft to releasing the first 4K console.

• That's really stupid they lose money on all their game systems and depend on DLC's, membership fee's and other things to get their money back they would be better off upgrading their software making a premium version of their current format. I don't think enough people will upgrade for them to make the amount of money they will want to make.

• I'm on the fence on it. its like they are treating consoles like computers now and releasing upgraded versions instead of whole new consoles.

• That playstation is a joke. Keeping my ps4

• As an owner of a PS4: I don't like it

• I definitely think it's an interesting move and a 4K blu ray player. It's a wait and see.

• I still won't buy one. My computer is powerful enough and has plenty of room to expand and upgrade in the future.

• Fuck that shit I only need my 3ds

• I honestly prob won't buy another playstation after ps4 i was just too disappointed

What Girls Said 0