Should Elsa have a girlfriend in "Frozen 2"?

I support same-sex marriage, gay and lesbian couples' rights to adopt children and gays serving in the military, but when I heard about this, I thought "Really?"

• I'm pro-homosexuality, so heck yeah!
  • I'm pro-homosexuality, but leave sexuality causes out of Disney.
  • I don't care.
  • Leave sexuality causes out of Disney. No "If"s, "And"s nor "But"s about it.
  • I'm divided.

Most Helpful Girl

• They had lesbians in Sailor Moon and it never bothered me as a child, well except that 4Kids was super conservative and made them call each other "cousin" but they were VERY romantic for cousins like serenading each other and giving each other roses so I though it was incest! And my mom had to research the show because she was like what the hell is my kid watching with incest? But she found out they were just regular lesbians and explained that they were not related and then I never really thought much of it. Really though in trying to cover up the fact that they were lesbians 4Kids made it look actually bad like cousins dating!
    webspace.webring.com/.../flowers.jpg
    I mean you have to keep in mind that children think about things differently and more innocently than adults do. When I was 6 and watching sailor moon I just thought "Oh, they really love each other that's sweet!" and didn't really overthink it. I think kids could handle it much better than the adults can!

Most Helpful Guy

• No. For fucks sake. Stop making homosexuality a fucking 'trend.' It's not a trend. It's not supposed to be a niche. Anyone in the creative industry who promotes stunts this for the sake of being edgy or 'clever' are what's wrong with entertainment.

Unless a story is solely revolved around sexuality, this shouldn't be a fucking selling point. A character, if homosexual, should have it be a side-trait, not revolve the character ALL around it. It's shameful and tactless. It's asinine.
    This is the shit that ruined the ending of Korra. Could've been a 100% perfect series if it weren't for that forced lesbian scene.

What Girls Said 28

• They should leave sexuality out of Disney completely.

• Why? If they did, then plenty of the princess movies would go significantly differently.

• @cipher42 I think the meaning of the movies would change. I'm not against gays or lesbians, but it just doesn't seem right.

• How so? How does including same sex romances change the meaning that much when the movies already have opposite sex romances? This is a pretty common issue actually, and definitely is a form of homophobia. People view same sex relationships as more explicit or more political than heterosexual ones, without any real reason for it.

• Leave the agendas out of kids movies.

• But in all technicallity isn't a constant barrage of heterosexual relationships an agenda in and of itself too?

• @ThisDudeHere here's where I get in trouble but those are natural relationships.

• Personally I quite frankly do not care in the slightest about lgbt rights and what not. But I care for technicalities. And technically non-hetero relationships are no less natural.

• okay, no. HELL NO. I tolerate same sex couples but honestly that would f*ck up kids brains? and they're human beings after all stop all acting like they're something special. I've had enough. We all know u support gays, who the F*ck cares they're nothing special.

• No. Just no. Plus what a stereotype. A woman like Elsa just have to be a lesbian🙄. I'm so glad I grew up in the 90's/early 00's.

• Disney movies almost always have a love story in them.. and that's bad enough because they fill children's heads with an idea that is not necessarily true. The whole "fall in love, live happily aver after" thing. I 'm already against that. But to actually have a story revolving around sexuality.. that's even worse. Because 1) lots of kids who will watch this will be too young to even know what sex and sexuality is and I they don't need that kind of outside confusion. 2) homosexuality is not a "happy event", (don't get me wrong, I got nothing against gays, and if I ever have a homosexual child, I will support him/her, but this does not mean that I wish it'll happen.. The idea of the media romanticizing homosexality, and turning into a fairy tale is actually obnoxious.
    The ideal would be for them to start making children movies with better messages.. Being independant, self acceptance, respect of the environnement, family love, pure friendship, historical stories in a fun way.. There are so many ideas that don't envolve love stories or sexuality.. why not use them? Kids are innocent, let them stay that way!

• In my opinion I think they should just leave Elsa as a single lady. If they want to have a lesbian princess then they should just make a new one, not alter an already existing one.

• I dont understand why anyone would put something that doesn't belong in a Disney movie. Yeah we get it, lesbians and gays are the fad now or everyone is coming out because its the "style"... or whatever it is, but LEAVE Disney our of that. It should always be girl and guy in Disney, nothing else. That ruins the image of what Disney is...

• I'm gonna agree with rgb008 and say that Elsa getting a girlfriend/boyfriend negates the message of the first film. I'm not against any character getting a same-sex partner, just not Elsa

• As much as I'd love to see Disney support lgbt, I don't want them make any movie for political reasons. Politically charged cartoons are what we have South Park for. Disney needs to focus on being an industry that makes good children's movies, not Imposing any set of ideals further than good triumphs over evil.

If by chance a plot requires a gay character and it works without being to obvious, then go for it. But don't go out of your way to include it Disney.

• conditioning these kids to be like them isn't going to help anyone but them. Where is science when you need them.

• Why does she have to be gay just because she did not have a love interest in Frozen?

• I am not against gay couples in Disney movies, just don't make Elsa gay that would completely contradict the message of the first movie. And it's annoying that every strong woman must be a lesbian.

• Nah. Goes against the message of the first movie.

• She saved her sister in the first one so now they are taking it to the next level. Disney is just taking it up a notch lol jk

• C because I watch disney movies, I'm pro-same sex, and my fandoms make gay ships anyway, so it won't matter. It'd be nice for something new (first TRUE lesbian couple) but either way I won't really care.

• there's gonna be a frozen 2? Ugh kill me now

• Disney must #KeepElsaSingle

In the mean time, enjoy these comercials
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEC1BKN2CEE

• Frozen was a horrible movie.

• No, no and no. Just leave this out of kids movies ffs.

• I think they should just keep her single

• It's very progressive, but I highly doubt Disney will ever do that. They're too afraid of offending people's "good family values," even though same-sex couples are pretty normal nowadays.

• Sexuality is already a part of Disney. Every step of the way it's the usual heterosexual romance. I want my kids to grow up thinking that they can love who they want, not that they're stuck being the prince to a princess (or the other way around).

• Why the fuck not honestly?

• She totally should.

• Leave it in, they need to teach kids about this type of things. I'm bi

• I'd much rather she be asexual

• No she shouldn't. That's too much now. It's okay that people could legally marry one another and everything, I find that's good, but leave it out of cartoons!

• Let her be single! I think it's too stereotypical that the young lady who can live life on her own must be a lesbian.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 24

• If Disney does that, they're going to be writing off a large segment of their potential audience for the movie. There will be lots of parents and grandparents who won't take their kids/grandkids to see it. So from a business standpoint it doesn't make sense. But Disney will probably do it anyway to earn points from the LGBTQ+ Express Train.

• No and to be honest it's a stupid and ridiculous idea, I mean for cripes sake it's a children's movie they don't need to be putting that stuff in there. They need to leave group agenda's and politics and all this other stuff out of the Disney and children's movies.

• Disney should not indoctrinate kids with homosexuality. I also think they'd lose money if they do it.

• I wasn't going to watch it anyways but I do think it seems forced like they just want to push and agenda and be trendy.

• No that's disgusting that they would consider that. Making children question their sexuality at such a young age. It won't happen though.. disney would lose so much money

• If it contributes to the story then yes. Otherwise who gives a shit? If they do it for no reason, they're obviously trying to prove how progressive they are, which is always a stupid thing to do.

• If Disney wants to go this route, do so with a completely new franchise.

Using Frozen because of its success to push this agenda is so ingenuine.

• No, leave it. like it is. Elsa don't need a partner, she's a queen she's got shit handled by herself

• It seems so stupidly forced to be honest.

• I honestly don't mind. As long as it makes sense for the character and the story, she can have a girlfriend. :)

• leave the sexuality causes out of Disney, but I am afraid they are gong to be bullied into

• As long as she's hot, else I'm quitting Disney

OMG they should make it spicy and have her date Anna

• Not everything in media these days has to have some kind of homosexual relationship in it
    I feel like people are too sensitive to admit it
    Im all for gay marriage but leave it our of disney
    If a kid is gay or curious a disney movie isn't going to push them to either side of the fence

• Just leave homosexuality away from children movies instead obviously.

• It's a kids film. The kids aren't going to care.

What's more, they will make all the adults watch the film a dozen times a week as it is. We can do without having to talk about it when we're around other adults.

• Sexy Disney. Me gusta.

• Who cares? It's a stupid movie series, anyways.

• Will their be hot lesbian action?

• It doesn't matter to me

• ah i can picture it now them singing let it go to a finger banging scene

sure why not :)

• I don't care Disney could whatever the eff they want

• I feel like they're doing it for the wrong reasons. If her character was originally written to be gay, then fine. Whatever. But to just make her gay simply so Disney can say, "See, WE'RE for EQUALITY. So we're being progressive!" Then that's just political bull shit and it has nothing to do with the character development of... well, the character. Just comes off as a "We have to do this" Instead of "This is who this character is." Look at Ellie from the last of us, left behind DLC. through her backstory that was set up in the main game, Ellie turns out to be gay or at least bisexual. It was part of her from the beginning. Not something they thought they should add in just to make themselves look good.

• How will she have a blood heir to rule after her?

• Plus like others have said it contradicts the first films message of not being obsessed with romance and that apparently only lesbians can be strong and kickass leaders and the fact that political groups are pressuring them to do it so if they cave in and do it now it sends the message to the next generation that if you push people around you get what you want which will create a generation of absolute assholes.