What state should my fictional town be placed in?

I am writing a novel, I'm currently doing the first rewrite for it, and I have decided to change the setting from an existing town to a fictional town which I named and created. The story however is still going to take place in the united states. The time frame for the story is during 2015, not sure if that is important to this question, but, alas!

I am conflicted upon which state to place my fictional town in.

The town's weather is usually warm all year round, but does get low enough to snow a few inches during the winter, rains a lot in the spring, and occasionally in the summer, the highs in the summers can reach 90, the lows reaching 50-60. The town's population is 50,000, it's a fairly large town, with rural and suburban areas. The town is a middle to upper class town, with several celebrity characters living there.

I'm just unsure of what state to place my town in.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• Pick somewhere in California, maybe in the midwest or somewhere in Texas. South western US states are probably the best choices.

• Coastal North Carolina or Virginia.

• Kentucky

• mexicali

• Pacific Northwest, Northern Cali, The Carolinas, etc

• Virginia

What Girls Said 1