Favorite Alternative Rock Bands of the 1990s?

Who are some of your favorite Alternative Rock Bands of the 1990s and what songs do you like by them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Soundgarden
    Green Day
    Alice in Chains

• Surprised you didI mention Nirvana but I like Alice In Chains a lot

• No, I like more of them but that's my fav. Sure, message away!

• Can you send me a follow it won't let me message you until you follow me

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• Blink 182--Anthem
    Third Eye Blind--How's It Gonna Be
    Smashing Pumpkins--Tonight, Tonight
    The Cure--Friday, I'm in Love (not really a 90s band per se, but the song came out during the 90s, so I'm claiming them)

• How do you define alternative? I always used to like 'Faith No More' but I listened to their 'Angel Dust' album a few months ago and didn't like it at all. I hated 'Blur' at the time but now I really like them. I have always hated 'Oasis' though. I think I will go for anything by 'The Foo Fighters'.

• Nirvana <3

• the cranberries
    green day
    REM
    beastie boys

• Blink 182

I remember when everyone loved them. Or everyone pretended to love them to fit in

What Guys Said 10

• Closer and Hurt by Nine Inch Nails is awesome also Dirty Boots by The Sonic Youth.

• Faith No More, so underrated...

• Oasis
    Nirvana
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    The Cure
    Blink 182

• Alice in chains.

• Foo fighters

• Unfortunately, that is one of the genres of the 90's that lifted my interest off new music.

• Which Alternative Rock Bands do you like? (:

• I wonder why too because you have no control over liking something or not liking it. But all this alternative rock, punk rock, hip hop, rap and all that stuff was not music to "my" ears. But to be honest, just like 70/80s are the golden era of music, the '00s (2000-2010) was the true garbage.

• That's cool but I love the 1990s

• Oasis champagne supernova

• Slipknot

• That's not alternative.

• @Miezko I'm just fucking around haha. If I had to choose my top 90s alt band it would probably be Rage Against The Machine, if they count. I haven't listened to ATR since their album 'Overcome' and the last Atreyu album I listened to was 'The Curse'. Didn't really stop liking either band just kinda fell outta them

• I think they count as Alternative too

• all of dem

• Rock music became shit in the 90s in both sides of the Atlantic. In America Grunge became a trend and in the UK Britpop became a trend among Rock genres. (Dunno why it's called BritPOP when it's actually "British Alternative Rock".)

• It probably stands for popular and 90s alternative rock was awesome

• Like the other guy said below, 70s and 80s rock were much better, especially 80s rock.

• I love 80s music I prefer 90s music