Is it odd to get motivated and inspired by a female athlete as a male fighter (amateur boxer, Muay Thai fighter and BJJ practioner)?

I'm a young guy in his early 20s who's competing as an amateur Welterweight boxer, Muay Thai Fighter and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) practitioner (ranked as a Purple Belt). The only and only female athlete that's giving me such a high motivation and inspiration as a fighter is Holly Holm (former Women's UFC Bantamweight Champ and former Multiple Division World Boxing Champ). She's simply the only athlete in combat sports in general that I can think of that has ever won world titles in two different sports, which is very unheard of accomplishment from female fighters and even from male fighters in general.

To me, Holly Holm is like the female version of Evander Holyfield (although he never competed in any other combat sports outside of boxing). Both of them are overachievers with the fighting heart size of Texas and both held their world title belts with class and modesty.

(Holly Holm) -
Is it odd to get motivated and inspired by a female athlete as a male fighter(amateur boxer, Muay Thai fighter and BJJ practioner)?
(Evander Holyfield) -

• Yes
  • No
  • Others

Most Helpful Girl

• No, and that's somewhat inspiring itself lol, that you feel that way. I don't often hear about men admiring female athletes for their skill and athleticism. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but that's cool.

What Girls Said 1

• Not at all. It would be discriminating otherwise

What Guys Said 1

• No dude it's not odd. Her gender shouldn't make you feel odd about being inspired by her.