So you think my art woek is good enough to sell? If so how much o u think it would sell for?

I might need to sell my art work to help support my mom and me she never said anything about that but it might need to happen so do you think they are good enough to sell?
fyi this one went through a filter so that's why I paints it like this😊

Most Helpful Guy

• That's really really nice! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 you doing it so good keep it up! If u were to be staying in India I don't think i would make some money 😅 But it would have been appreciated by many! These are so beautiful 💞

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• Yeah, it would sell. The first, last and the Elephant one (if paint was used) would move. Do you live in an area with an art walk night? That's the best place too move stuff like this.

A little bit of advice, art like this is an impulse buy for most. Try making it relevant to what's current. For example, i just paid $80 for Darth Vader's head drawn in car pinstripes. It's like 2x3 ft not very big. I love it. Everyone that comes to my place ask where to get one.

I can see them going for as much as $40-ish. People like the idea of owning a one of kind, even if it's not exactly a Rembrandt.

• The first one I would never be able to sell it for that pice just because of all the stress it made me have it made me cry for weeks while doing it and just because of the shit I had to go through while finishing it

• No i get it, with art like this you usually price it high and people negotiate down. Depends on the size to. Ever been to one of those hip coffee shops that sell art on the walls? They're fucking nuts to ask for $2k for a tree painting. They maybe get 10% of that.

Honestly, if i had just gotten' paid id pay $80 for the 1st one. Has that late 80's vibe to it, with those colors. Very nice stuff actually.

• I wnat $150 maybe $120 at the least

• You're pretty good for fifteen. I like the top one a lot. Although to be honest I don't think you'll get anything close to that price for them. Selling artwork isn't as easy as it sounds. The best and most reliable source of money would be to get a job. As for your artwork though, keep practicing and keep up a portfolio. Join artwork forums online so u can see what other artists are doing and what they're selling for. The way you start selling artwork is to let them go for whatever people will take them for. At first. Then as you establish a name and get better, u can gauge what you can sell them for after a couple years.

• the point with "art" is that you can´t sell stuff by being "good" a "good" artist nowadays is able to perform near photorealism and the best ones do perform at that. being an artist is more about networking and ideas than the actual manual craft nowadays. so in conclusion: you probably woun´t, unless you can put a clever spin on it, that gets people interested.

• Art now a days is slashing a paint on it and not forming anything that's art now a days for most people

• I would DRA wthe river with trees Turing colors and people walking

• yeah but that´s been done many times and not a challange anymore.

• Not many people buy art. It's a dead profession.

• Stuff like the bottom and top would sell if they were paintings but as drawlings? probably not no.

• The top one is chalk pastel... so its a very hard thing to work with and I think if its in a frame maybe do u think?

• Ow I know my great grandpa sold her paints for $100 a piece

• its okay

• I don't think it's good enough to sell, but hey... who am I to judge art?

• They are nice people will buy it

• Fucking nice as hell IGN 10/10

• A few of them might be, but I don't know for how much. Probably not as much as you are hoping for, or as soon as you are hoping to sell it. I remember an artist coming to our school one day and talking about having to learn to draw certain things that would be more likely to sale than others.

He also said it was hard making a living at it, and there is truth to the stereotype of the starving artist. Apparently though his paintings sold for a lot, so they would suddenly have a lot of cash all at once if they did sale one. I don't know what quality of work he was selling.

You might also do some jobs for a local company making T-shirt designs or anything else you can think of to apply your talent to, for extra work. You might even advertise online to paint pictures from family photos or something. I don't know how long it takes to do such a work of art, but you might be able to undercut the competition in price if you need to.

Art isn't about creativity and expression as much as people like to think it is. Just like any other job, you want to make money at, it has to be thought of as a business. I don't think you would make enough to completely support your mom at this point, but it might be enough to help make a difference if you can find the right market, and cater to that. You might want to create some sort of business plan.

What are you going to draw? What art subjects are popular? How fast are you at each art style such as charcoal versus other forms of art? How much does each sell for in your area? How can you sell them online? Is there a store you can place your paintings in to sell them in exchange for part of the profit? From these and many more questions you come up with a plan to maximize your profit the best you can. A quick google search might even tell you the answers to many of these questions.

What Girls Said 10

• You know what the thing is... not everyone appreciates art or gives it the value that it deserves... The time, effort and dedication that it takes to create a beautiful masterpiece plus the brainpower and creativity that it takes to come up with really awesome paintings/drawring, etc..

You can try to sell it but dont expect much from it.. Create your own online gallery and try to sell it online. Also, advertise to places where art is highly appreciated and hopefully you live in a city that is full of artists.

Get in the community and try to sell there, find art communities and artists, etc.. maybe that helps things and network! Perhaps then other artists can give you help/tips and tricks on how tehy sell their art and hopefully make a living out of it.

I had a roommate who was a painter, can barely make a living out of it.. but it's his passion, so what's a person to do? Just don't forget why you started painting/drawing and don't let the financial aspect take the toll of you.. Use it more as a hobby and something you can sell rather than a main source of income!

Good luck and hope you get through!! :)

• i love the first, 2nd last and last. if u stick with that style and add more technique to them, u could develop that as your style and try to sell works of that sort. you could definitely make it with added dimension, colour and complexity to ur work. very nice =]

• Ehh, I probably wouldn't buy it.

• I'm going to be real honest with you here. I don't think so. You might be able to sell art if it was super original, but most of them aren't. Maybe the first two are something, but nearly not enough to actually sell it.
    You can always try to sell it, but don't become disappointed if it's not the amount of money you expected. Do it as a hobby because you do have potential.

• first 2 yes, others no.

probably like $50+

• yes, i think you could ask people to send pics they want you to paint and u can paint them and gain more money that way

• Ohhhh I love the fourth one. It's brilliant :D I think people will love to buy it. But I don't know how much be the price.

• Here's what happened I found the pic of the girl and I was like her dress is feathers so I was like peacock featherall the way and I was like hey let's add color and my art tecaher approved so I did it lol and thanks

• I love the first one. I would definitely buy it if I had the money but I am a broke college student.

• Probably not the elephants but the rest yeah!

• It's nice but art is subjective so I'm not sure about selling. But you can definitely try etsy and see what the reaction is