Quick question about a back tattoo?

I'm getting a tattoo in my middle upper back next week and I was wondering if I absolutely have to take off my shirt and bra. I'm at peace with having to do so, but if I can stay clothed I will. So I was thinking about wearing a backless tank top and backless sticky bra, but those cost so much that if I'm most likely gonna have to take everything off anyway, I'd rather just not waste the cash.

by the way, the tattoo isn't huge, it's only 4" wide and 5-6" tall, so I think he'd have enough room to work if I tried the tank top.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't have like a tube top or anything? That'd be easier.

• Nah, but now that I think of it I have a camisole that would work similar. I'd just have to push it down around my waist while he worked.

• That definitely works.

What Guys Said 4

• Why not take a robe or something with you. I am sure they have a room you can put it on and then just lower it around your backside but keep things up in the front.

Better yet wear the robe backwards with jeans on or shorts so your front is covered when you enter and lay down.

• I like the backwards robe idea! Thanks. That would probably make life easier for the artist too.

• Glad to be of service! Hope the Tat goes well!

• If goes above the bra strap then I'm sure you'll have to take it off but you'll probably be on your stomach so no one will see you

• That's why I was gonna wear a sticky bra because they don't have back or shoulder straps. I'm just wondering if any cloth surrounding the area will make it harder for the artist to do his job.

• I guess it depends on the tattoo artist's preference but there are female tattoo artists so you can go to one if you're that uncomfortable with taking your bra off in front of a guy

• I've had this specific artist lined up for months. And it's not me that's uncomfortable, it's my husband.

• You're probably going to need to, I'm sure the tattooist will be professional if that's what you're worried about.

• I'm not too worried about the artist being creepy, he seems really cool and I trust him. My husband is just a little weird about the idea because of a bad past experience with his ex and I don't want him to worry. I figured if I found a way to wear a shirt he'd feel better.

• "... or you can just not get a tattoo", he mumbles.

What Girls Said 2

• I have a rather large tattoo there and when I went I just wore a spaghetti strap shirt that was very low in the back, and I undid my bra and slid the straps down, that way my girls were still covered and not gonna fly out. Mine is big enough that the top shows slightly in a normal collar shirt, and the bottom reaches just under the bra strap.

• i'm sure you can hold something to your front, wear the tank and hope for the best. what's the tattoo ur getting?

• Most likely, I'm just trying to be as modest as possible because my husband's ex cheated on him with her tattoo artist, so he's being a little weird about it. And my tattoo is a pretty mountain scene with local wildflowers from my home framed in a diamond shape. I'm super excited!

• oh lmao he shouldn't be worried, very unlikely the tattoo artist will sweep u off ur feet within the couple hours he's focusing on making ur tattoo :P it sounds nice, hope its turns out ok

• Thank you!