Original vs. Cover - Sound of Silence! Simon & Garfunkel or Disturbed?

Which version of Sound of Silence is better?

The 1965 original by Simon & Garfunkel...

... or the 2015 cover by Disturbed...

I think I liked the Disturbed version better. Sends chills down my spine...

• Simon & Garfunkel
  • Disturbed

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely prefer Simon & Garfunkel

Most Helpful Guy

• The poll will probably say Disturbed, hands down. However, it should be noted that for 1965, when pop music was still mostly bubblegum and boy-meets-girl, with a few folksy protest songs just starting to make headway, Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel's tune was unusually dark and brooding.

• Well, so far, it's three against one!

• @DianeDuffus "Fools", said I, you do not know, my penis like a cancer grows, Hear my words that I might teach you, Take my rod that I might reach you..."

• I will bet you yours is grown already just thinking of me. See I told you. It is for the naked picture of the woman that one strives for us God has said, "I call your name and you're not there."

What Girls Said 2

• First of all he doesn't have as good a voice as the combination harmony of Simon and Garfunkel. Second the song starts out as a folk song. You are not even playing the original. His attempt at marginalizing the original is pathetic

• And here is the real original. It came out in 1964 went nowhere. They added rock music to it and that was what became number one. However, the original the original is so haunting it tears your heart out.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

• Hmmm. I like that original version better than the other original version. That was the one that came up.

• I understand. Very few people know that the real original had no rock music so their voices could be heard in harmony in what I consider a far more haunting manner. As I said my grandfather made me listen to all that music. I love him and I listened but I learned.

• Metal head here so I know it's Disturbed's version having heard both the original and Disturbed's.

What Guys Said 11

• While The Second Video Is Laughable in Concept, The Song Is A Good Cover. The music behind it is also better than the original. I like both but Disturbed does really good covers!

• I could have done without so much grit in his voice, but all things considered, I think it's a good cover. Probably their best one.

• The grit sells it for me. As for their Best Cover I'd have to say Shout 2000 was the better of the 3 I remember.

• Simon & Garfunkel, hands down.

• prefer the S&G version. i don't like disturbed in general but i do like their cover though

• Simon and Garfunkel easy

• The Simon & Garfunkel song is quite legendary, and Disturbed don't beat it for me, but I do like their cover quite a bit, actually.

• I really like them both. So if pressed, I'd say I currently like the disturbed version better.

• Simon and Garfunkel is incredible

• I appreciate both quite a bit. However, I prefer the cover by Disturbed. I'm a big fan of their music and sound in general.

• simon and garfunkel all the way. screw the new age shit

• Nothing beats the original. Simon & Garfunkel all the way.

• Disturbed!!! FUCK YEAH!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥