Do you ever stop watching old tv shows when you realize a lot of the actors in real life are dead?

Old shows from the 30's, 40's and 60's such as Gilligan's island, I love Lucy, Bewitched, Adam's family etc. Do you ever feel a little creeped out watching old reruns when you realize a sizable amount of the cast is dead.

Do you ever stop watching old tv shows when you realize a lot of the actors in real life are dead ?
It's like on the one hand your hit with nostalgia feeling but depression then kicks in when you realize that gone are those days and everyone your looking at are now dead.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• nope. I liked watching Columbo even after Peter Falk died

Most Helpful Girl

• not at all omg! i was actually watching bewitches and i dream of jeannie today :D such great shows lol.
    knowing that they're dead actually makes me feel in awe of the actors, knowing what they accomplished and how classy the world seemed to be when they were alive. what id give to have lived in those times rather than now.

What Guys Said 5

• The cast of Gilligans Island is dead? How could they tell?

• No, I just feel a bit nostalgic, but I still watch them.

• I don't watch old shows.

• I love older tv shows, tv now a days sucks hardcore

• No.,.,.

What Girls Said 7

• Woah! Eerie thought...
    Nah, I love old shows :) They always seem to have a more authentic charm. :) It's like everyone who put it together was so very attentive to detail all around as far as it came to character progression, character dynamics, comedy, and even just the setting/how they put together the family homes.

• nope!

• No. Im a huge fan of a lot of older tv shows and movies and because some of the actors are dead its a way to at least see them and enjoy them on screen because they are gone. 😞 They maybe gone but can always turn on the tv and watch and remember them 👍🏻

• No, I still watch them without any problems. I've never felt emotionally impacted by a celebrity death. Maybe if someone from Trueblood dies I might but for now they're all fairly young and healthy.

• No, that's dumb, there is no point to that.

• Nah that's dumb.

• I mean I watch the Dark Knight movies knowing Heath Ledger is dead, so no.